ten.

Y/n, Nancy, and Jonathan were all back at the Wheeler residence. Nancy had allowed Y/n to shower first, and gave her an extra set of clothes. Y/n now sat on Nancy's bed, right behind her and Jonathan.

Y/n was just sitting behind them awkwardly, without saying a word to either of them. She was staring down at her trembling hands, trying to keep her tears in. But one escaped, slipping down her cheek.

'I should've stayed back, if that was the upside down.....that means Will is there. Alone with that creature.' Y/n thought shaking her head.

"I'll-I'll be back." Nancy whispered grabbing extra clothes, and a towel before leaving the room.

"You okay?" Jonathan asked, turning to look back at her.

Y/n looked up at him and she shook her head "No, not really." She mumbled.

"What-what did you guys see?" Jonathan asked hesitantly "I-we heard a gunshot go off just before you came out."

"That creature from, uh, the picture of Barb. We found it." Y/n whispered "And the whole area was.....it was dark, and almost moldy looking." She explained.

"And the gunshot?"

"I shot it. The creature, I shot it right in the face. Or well, right in its mouth." Y/n mumbled "It-it had hundreds and thousands of teeth. It was like something that came out of a horror film."

Y/n let out a sigh. She was glad she wouldn't be alone tonight, instead she had two new friends keeping her company.

Y/n had fallen asleep on the makeshift bed, wayy befre Nancy returned from her shower. She had hardly gotten any sleep the past few days, and desperately needed some. She was awoken the next morning, by someone rattling the doorknob. She gasped awake, and pushed herself up looking around im a blind panic.

"Honey, are you up?" Karen's voice said from the other side of the door.

"Oh my god." Y/n whispered placing a hand on her heart.

"Whose in there?" Karen asked confused.

"Yeah, uh Y/n's in here, she was helping me study last night and stayed over." Nancy quickly lied.

"Oh, okay! I, uh, made some blueberry pancakes." Karen said.

"We'll be down in a second." Nancy said sighing, Karen's footsteps moving back down the hall.

"Oh god, jesus christ." Y/n whispered running her hand through her hair.

"Your mom doesn't knock? Jonathan asked after a few moments of silence.

Hours later, the three of them walked out of the Army Surplus. They had gone in and grabbed a bunch of things, things to kill that monster. Jonathan was carrying a box, full of the stuff they bought.

"Monster hunting?" Jonathan teased Nancy as they placed the stuff in the trunk of his car.

"Yeah, Nance, you could've just said hunting. And they'd believe you." Y/n said laughing slightly.

Nancy smiled "You know, last week.....I was shopping for a new top I thought Steve might like." She said, "It took me and Barb all weekend. It seemed like life or death, you know? And.....and now-"