seventy-two

The group had spaced out a little bit, Y/n staying close with Robin and Nancy. While Steve and Eddie walked behind them, not exactly next to each other but close. Y/n and Robin were quietly chattering away, trying to keep their minds off everything which wasn't even working. Nancy silently listened to them, only saying a few things here and there.

"Couldn't we have tried a road, or something slightly less creepy?" Robin asked glancing around nervously.

"I think we're getting close. We're almost out of here. Don't worry." Nancy said.

"I hope so. I do not wanna be in here, any longer than we have to." Y/n said "I've always hated this place."

Nancy chuckled "Yeah, we really shouldn't have gone in that tree." She said "We were far too stupid."

Y/n snorted "Understatement of the century." She said shaking her head.

Robin looked at the two, slightly confused "The tree?" She asked.

Nancy nodded "Yeah, first year this all began me and Y/n crawled through a gate. One of the ones the Demogorgon left behind." She explained in a summarized version.

"Why the hell would you guys do that?" Robin asked in disbelief.

Y/n shrugged "We were dumb, and didn't understand everything at the time." She said, looking back at Eddie who was now walking a bit behind her.

Y/n slowed her pace, and began walking in step with him. Eddie looked up noticing her, and he smiled "Hey, Hopper." He greeted "You okay?"

Nancy and Robin had sped up, and began talking about something else. From behind them, Steve was glaring bullets into the back of Eddie's skull.

"I mean, despite the missing flesh and pain. I'm great." Y/n said with a small smile, "Oh, and the fact I have no shoes."

Eddie chuckled "Yeah, that's gotta be hella uncomfortable."

Y/n snickered "Oh, you wouldn't believe it." She said, "Hey, I also wanted to say, thanks for helping out with thoes bats."

Eddie waved his hand nonchalantly "Oh it was nothing." He said, "I mean, with all you guys have done for me it's the least I could do."

Gently Y/n bumped him "Hey, any friend of Dusty's, is a friend of mine." She said kindly.

"Thanks." Eddie said smiling "Also that thing you did back there, was a real Ozzy move." He complimented.

Y/n looked at him with a grin "You think so?" She asked.

Eddie nodded "Hell yeah!" He said loudly, "I mean it eas really bad ass."

"Damn, wish I could have recorded it." Y/n cursed "That would be one hell of a thing to show my kids."

"Henderson told me you and Harrington were badass's. Insisted on the matter, in fact." Eddie revealed.

"Wait, Henderson said that?" Steve asked slightly shocked joining in on the conversation, and walking with the two. His was now rested on Y/n's lower back, gently rubbing it in a soothing matter.

Eddie looked at Steve and nodded "Oh yeah. Shit. Kid worships you guys, dude." He said with a heavy breath "Like, you have no idea. It's kinda annoying, to be honest." He joked.

Steve scoffed "Well, that's Henderson for you." He said with a smile.

Y/n grinned "I love that little shit." She said "I don't think I ever really knew how much he....worshiped us."

"I don't even know why I care what that little shrimp thinks, but, uh, guess I got a little jealous. Of Steve mostly." Eddie revealed, Steve looked at him oddly.