seventy-one

Y/n felt like she was going to pass out from the lack of oxygen, and black dots slowly filled her vision. Not only that, but the pain was becoming unbearable. Suddenly one of the bats was flung away from her stomach, and then the next. Y/n looked up and saw Steve, Nancy, Robin, and Eddie there.

"Hey there." Nancy said before hitting the next one.

"Get that thing off her neck!" Steve shouted rushing over to the creature around her neck, and stepping on its tail.

Nancy rushed over, and brought the oar down on the tail hitting it over and over. But it's grip hardly loosened.

Shit!" Eddie shouted looking in a specific direction, more had appeared.

Eddie and Robin fought off the new comers, while Steve and Nancy continued to try and free Y/n. Steve was stomping on it with his free foot, trying to help in anyway. Y/n continued to pry at the area around her neck, trying as hard as she could to get any sort of air.

"Nancy, behind you!" Eddie shouted "Watch out!"

Nancy dropped the oar, as she was pushes to the ground with one of the bats on her back. Steve looked from Y/n to Nancy, and Y/n nodded at him as to say 'help her'. Steve hesitantly went over to help Nancy, trying to pry the thing off her back. Y/n had managed to get her fingers under the tail, and pulled it away. She gasped for air, and rolled on her stomach keeping hold of the creature as it tried to flee. Y/n completely ignored the fiery pain, that burned from her wounds.

"Oh no you don't mother fucker." Y/n growled standing up, holding the bat tail with two hands.

She held onto it tightly, slamming it down as hard as she could on the ground. Y/n continued this a few more times, as hard as she could, and it let out squeals of pain. Once it was more weak, Y/n stepped on it and pulled as hard as she could tearing the bat in two. She stared down at the creature, breathing heavily as blood dripped from her stomach and mouth.

"Fuckin' asshole." Y/n cursed spitting blood.

Steve was the first one over to Y/n, and he cupper her face tears in his eyes "Sweetheart, oh my god, are you okay?" He asked fearfully.

Y/n nodded "Uh, ask me tomorrow." She wheezed in a strained voice.

"Holy shit Y/n." Nancy said walking over to join the two, looking at her friend in worry.

"Jesus H. Christ!" Eddie shouted as he aggressively threw the oar down.

"Are you okay?" Nancy asked looking over Y/n.

Y/n chuckled "Well, they took about a pound of flesh." She said looking down at where the creatures bit into her, "But other than that, yeah, never better."

Steve frowned and brought his hand up wiping the blood from her mouth "God, you're lucky to be alive." He mumbled, still horrified at the fact he almost lost her.

"Uh, do you guys think these bats have, like, rabies?" Robin asked as she crouched down next to one of the dead ones, inspecting it.

"What?" Steve asked looking over at his bestfriend.

"It's just that rabies are, like, my number one greatest fear. And I think we should probably get you to a doctor soon." Robin said quickly, "Because once the symptoms set in it's too late. You're already like dead."

Steve looked from Robin back to Y/n with wide eyes "We need to get you a hospital."

Y/n waved her hand "I'm fine." She tried to dismiss wincing.

Before anyone could get another word out, there was a screech. The group looked in the direction of the sound, and a red thunder hit showing more bats flying towards them.