thirty-four

Y/n was in the back of Scoop's Ahoy Ice Cream Parlor, with her boyfriend Steve Harrington

Y/n was in the back of Scoop's Ahoy Ice Cream Parlor, with her boyfriend Steve Harrington. Even after several months together it still felt so unreal. The two of them had found a job, at the newly opened Starcourt Mall. Y/n was glad to have a new job, Steve not so much but he dealt with it.

With their nee job, came a new friend, Robin Buckley. Y/n sorta knew her, but had never talked to her. The two used to work at the theater together, but never talked. Y/n wasn't social like she was then. Robin was a year younger than Y/n and Steve, staying in the same grade as Nancy.

Steve let out a sigh "Can I quit?" He asked grabbing some boxes and handing them over to Y/n

Y/n just sighed and took them and placed them in the freezer "No. You wanna buy that apartment?" She asked.

"Yeah....." Steve mumbled stopping, and looking over at her.

The both of them were fitted into the scoops sailor uniform, that Steve hated on himself but looked good on Y/n. Placing the last box down, Y/n looked at him "What?" She asked coming out of the cold freezer and shutting it.

Steve shrugged "Nothing, you just look gorgeous." He said smiling.

Outside where the front counter was, the bell began ringing aggressively "Hey, dingus's, your children are here!" Robin shouted.

Y/n and Steve exchanged a look, before walking to the sliding window and opening it "Again?" Steve asked looking at them.

Max, Mike, Lucas, and Will all stood together. Dustin wasn't with them, since he had spent his time at some camp. Y/n couldn't remember what it was called, but she knew he'd be coming back tomorrow or the next day. And Steve couldn't be more ecstatic.

"C'mon, guys, seriously?" Y/n sighed shaking her head, Mike looked her dead in the eyes and rang the bell again. Groaning Y/n walked over, and opened the door letting the four of them in.

Steve went to the other door, and opened it "Come on, come on." He ushered "I swear, if anybody hears about this-"

"We're dead!" All four kids shouted as Y/n walked over to her boyfriend.

"We're not kidding, this is our jobs!" Y/n shouted after them as they turned the corner disappearing.

Steve sighed and looked over at his girlfriend "Why do we do this?" He asked.

"Because we love our children." Y/n answered walking back inside "C'mon hot shot, you got more banana boats to sell." She said walking out to the front "Your turn in the back Rob."