sixty

The next morning, Y/n and Steve rushed to family video late. Y/n wouldn't be working today, but she wanted to go their either way. When the two came in, Robin looked over at them.

"Why are you two always late?" Robin asked raising a brow.

Steve sighed "We woke up late." He said walking over to the counter, and getting to work.

Robin rolled her eyes "You guys have fun then?" She asked teasingly, pointing to Y/n's neck.

"Hey, I thought you didn't wanna hear about our sex life." Steve said raising a brow, and walking out from behind the counter.

Y/n glared at her friend "Shush." She said shaking her head "How was your time with Vicki?" She asked.

Robins eyes went wide and her face burned pink "It-it was good." She stuttered.

Steve snickered as he started pushing a cart with returned movies on it, "Well, elaborate." He said.

"You guys remember the muppet joke, from last year, right?" Robin asked following Steve.

Y/n watched the two from a distance, leaning against the counter. Family video wasn't too big, and Robin spoke loudly from time to time. And since the store was currently empty, she could speak loudly so Y/n could hear her from where she stood.

Y/n scoffed "That muppet joke is legendary." She said, "And apparently totally accurate." She added.

"It's my muppet joke, how could I forget?" Steve said placing the returned movies on their respective shelves.

Robin rolled her eyes following behind Steve "Well, when I was talking to you guys. She overheard, and well, she agreed saying she sounded like Kermit." She began explaining, Robin grabbed a few movies "And then I said she sounded like Miss Piggy. Then...Vicki laughed. And it wasn't like a cheap, fake laugh either. It was like...It was a real, genuine laugh." She explained.

Y/n smiled and walked over to join the two "Well, thats progress." She said happily.

"Of course she laughed. It's my Muppet joke. It's hilarious." Steve said placing down some more movies.

Y/n shoved her boyfriend gently "Quit it." She said.

"My point is that Vicki laughed and everything was just like...It was perfect." Robin said.

"But?" Steve asked, knowing it was coming next.

"But I'm having this problem where it's like, I should stop talking. I have said everything I need to say. But then I guess I get nervous, and the words keep spilling out, and it's like my...my brain is moving faster than my mouth. Or...or rather my...my mouth is moving faster than my brain." Robin spoke quickly, following after Steve as she rambled "And I'm digging this hole for myself, and I wanna stop digging, I'm trying to stop, but I can't. And I'm doing it right now, aren't I?" She finally finished turning to look at her two bestfriends.

Y/n stared at Robin with slightly wide eyes, she didn't know someone could talk so quickly. It was impressive. Steve had paused what he was doing, leaning his arm on the shelf he was closest to "Yeah, you are." He answered.

Robin exhaled and walked backwards into one of the light up posters "Oh, I'm hopeless." She said.

Steve walked on the other side of her, leaning on the other half of the poster "You aren't helpless, Rob." He said.

Y/n nodded in agreement and went to Robin's other side, leaning against the wall "Hey, if Steve can get a girl, so can you." She encouraged.

Robin rolled her eyes "I still don't get how he won you over."