eight.

Y/n and Nancy were on their way to meet Jonathan, the ride was awkward. Y/n's music played, but not too loudly. She didn't wanna annoy Nancy, or anything of the sort. Y/n suddenly took a turn, and went down the road her small trailer was.

"I'll be right back." Y/n said as she parked her car, climbing out of it.

"Don't take too long." Nancy called as Y/n walked away.

Y/n walked up the steps, and paused. The door was slightly ajar. Frowning Y/n pulled her pocket knife, and flipped it open. She pushed the door open, and slowly walked inside. She looked around at her wrecked house, a frown on her face.

"Dad?" Y/n called out walking further into the house "Dad, are you home?"

Slowly she had made her way to her own room, and that was also destroyed. Things had been thrown around, he drawers empty.

"What the fuck?" Y/n mumbled in confusion, slowly backing out of the room.

Y/n shook her head, and put her knife away. She walked into her dads room, which was also very destroyed. More than usual. She crouched at the end of the bed, and grabbed the box hidden under it. She opened the box, and grabbed the spare pistol her dad hid.

"Y/n?"

Sighing Y/n grabbed the gun holster, strapping it around her waist, and walked out "Yeah, sorry." She mumbled. Shoving the gun in the holder, the safty on obviously.

"What the hell happened here?" Nancy asked looking aroundnat the mess, "Is it always like this?"

Y/n glared at her in annoyance "No, obviously not." She said lowly, "Why would it be like this?" She asked.

Nancy seemed like a deer caught in headlights "I-i-i don't know." She mumbled, "Can we just go?"

"Just, let me make a damn call." Y/n grumbled walking over to the phone.

She then let out a sigh when she saw the condition of the phone. Groaning she threw her head back, muttering curses. Y/n then turned and walked silently out of the house, hoping and praying that her dad was okay. And nothing happened.

When Y/n and Nancy got to the meeting spot, they had to walk further out. When they parked, they could already hear gunshots. When Y/n saw Jonathan shooting at cans, she chuckled. He was missing his shots. With a defeated look, he began loading the gun again.

"I'm pretty sure you're supposed to hit the cans." Y/n teased as her and Nancy walked up.

Jonathan looked at the two "No, actually, you see the spaces in between the cans?" He asked "I'm aiming for thoes."

"Ah." Nancy said with a nod tossing her stuff down.

"You ever shot a gun before?" Jonathan asked Nancy.

Y/n chuckled and took the gun out of its holster, "Have you met my parents?" Nancy asked scoffing.

Jonathan chuckled softly "Yeah, I haven't shot one since I was ten." He said grabbing some more ammo.

"I haven't shot one for two weeks." Y/n said smiling, remembering the last time her and her dad had a day together.

"On my birthday my dad took me out hunting. He, uh, he made me kill a rabbit." Jonathan said.

"A rabbit?" Nancy asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. I guess he thought ut would make me into more if a man or something." Jonathan said "I cried for a week." He added.