thirty-three

One Month Later

A month had gone by, and Y/n and Steve had just began dating. They were taking things slow, especially Steve, he didn't wanna screw anything up. So far things were going good for the both of them, and everyone around them. Except for the fact Y/n got fired from he job, for constant no shows.

After that night, the cabin needed to be fixed up a bit. And even though Eleven wasn't allowed to leave, people were allowed to come over. So Mike and the other members of the party would come over, and so would Steve. Jim hated that he was seeing more of Steve, only because he was so protective of his daughter. Both of them.

Tonight was the night of the snowball. And Y/n was helping Eleven get ready, she had bought her a dress for this dance and everything. The only reason El was able to actually able to go to the snowball, was because of Dr. Owens. El was now legally Jim Hopper's daughter, and Y/n's sister.

When Jim came home with the news, Y/n cried and hugged Eleven. This meant so much. It mean Eleven would soon have the freedom she wanted, and a family.

"What do you think?" Y/n asked holding up a little hand mirror, she had just finished doing El's makeup and hair.

They had been sitting in Y/n's room, for about an hour now. Y/n had been helping El, get ready for this dance. She was beyond excited, and could hardly stay still.

Eleven looked at herself in the mirror and smile "Pretty." She said looking back at Y/n.

Y/n grinned "Alright, dad said he'd drive you there. I've gotta go and meet Steve for a date." She hummed standing up.

"Thank you!" Eleven exclaimed barreling into Y/n and hugging her tightly.

Y/n smiled and hugged her back "Of course." She said as Eleven took a step back "Now, I've gotta get going before I'm late, I told Steve I'd meet him there."

Steve pulled up to the middle school, Dustin sitting in his front seat. He put his car in park, and looked over at the kid in his passenger seat. His curly hair was done up in a mullet type way.

"All right, buddy, here we are. So, remember, once you get in there..." Steve said pausing, looking inside the school to see if he could catch a glimpse of Y/n.

"Pretend like I don't care." Dustin said repeating his advice from a month ago.

"Well, let me change my advice. Act like you do care, show your emotions. But don't be too pushy about things, okay?" Steve said looking at the kid.

Dustin nodded "Okay, I do care." He said "Are you changing your advice cause of Y/n?" He asked.

"What? No....yes, not cause she told me to but because I realized I was an idiot." Steve said "And I'd rather not have her strangle me, cause I'm giving one of her 'kids' bad advice." He added.

Dustin laughed his nose scrunching up slightly "She used to be so angry with you." He said, using the mirror to look at himself. And adjusting it's position.

"I honestly don't blame her, I was a complete jackass. And I one-hundred percent regret it." Steve sighed cringing at his past behavior, "Hey. Come on. You look great, okay? You look...you look great." He said adjusting the mirror back to its original position.

Dustin nodded "Yeah." He whispered.

"Okay? Now you're gonna go in there...."