fifty-two

'Your love lifts me higher' by Jackie Wilson quietly played, and Y/n hummed to the song. She was nervously bouncing her leg, and looking out the window. This was it, the finale stand.

"Jesus, how far is this place, man?" Steve asked in disbelief.

Robin hummed "We're all the way out of town, strange child, how much longer?" She asked.

"Oh my god, relax, we're almost there." Dustin said in annoyance.

Y/n sighed "I can't relax, knowing my dad and Joyce are down there." She mumbled shaking her head.

Steve glanced over at her, and placed his hand on her thigh "It's gonna be okay." He said.

"I hope so."

"Suzie must be pretty special, huh?" Robin said, only slightly teasing Dustin "I mean, it you built this thing and lugged it all the way to the middle of nowhere just to talk to her?"

"I mean, nobody's scientifically perfect, but Suzie's about as close to being perfect as any human could possibly be." Dustin said.

Steve rolled his eyes "Thats such a lie Dustin, Y/n is absolutely perfect." He said "She's the definition of perfection!"

Robin groaned "Here we go." She mumbled.

"She sound made-up to me." Erica scoffed "She sound made-up to you?" She asked Steve.

Y/n chuckled "It just got introduced." She said, a smile on her face.

Steve was silent, and looked over to Y/n for help. Y/n just shook her head with a smile, and Dustin leaned forward "Why are you hesitating, Steve?" He asked.

"I'm-- I'm-- I'm not!" Steve managed to stutter out.

"Steve?" Dustin asked in a doubtful tone.

"I'm not! I think she sounds real. You know, totally, absolutely real." Steve lied.

"Left. Turn left." Dustin said changing the subject.

Y/n looked left "There's no road there Dustin." She said.

"Steve, turn left now!" Dustin shouted.

"Jesus! Hang on!" Steve shouted, sharply turning the car left and breaking some fencing.

Y/n gripped onto the dash, with her eyes wide "Holy shit!" She screamed.

"Henderson, where are we going?!" Steve asked loudly.

"Up!"

Steve continued to speed up the hill in front of them, at first it was going well. But then the car began to slow down, the higher and higher they got.

"Oh, jesus!" Steve shouted, as he hit several bumps on the way up.

"This car isn't made for off roading!" Y/n exclaimed as she was thrashed about.

"We're not gonna make it!" Robin shouted.

"Yes, we are. Come on, baby. Come on, baby!" Steve shouted at the car, but it didn't help. The car began to sputter, and the wheels spun "Come on! Come on! Come on!" He shouted hitting the dash.

"Guess the toddfather has it's limitations." Robin said.

Y/n threw open her door and got out "Lets just go!" She shouted.

The group began running their way up the hill, and it was definitely a work out. Once at the top, Y/n fell over onto the grass breathing heavily. Dustin ran over to the the setup he had, with Erica beside him. Steve flopped down next to Y/n, and grabbed her hand squeezing it.