twenty-eight

Y/n basically slammed down the open D&D book, the page it was on had everything explains the mind flayer. Dustin pointed to the page "The mind flayer."

"What the hell is that?" Jim asked looking at the short kid, who stood at his daughter's side.

"It's a monster from an unknown dimension. It's so ancient that it doesn't even know its true home." Y/n explained.

"It enslaves races of other dimensions by taking over their brains using its highly-developed psionic powers." Dustin added.

"Oh, my god, none of this is real. This is a kids game." Jim said scoffing.

"No, it's a manual. And it's not for kids." Dustin retorted.

"And news flash, dad, but none of the stuff we've all seen is supposed to be real either." Y/n added "And unless you know something that we don't, please share with the class."

Everyone looked between the two, tension in the air. Jim sighed "Fine."

"This is the best metaphor-"

"Analogy." Lucas said cutting Dustin off, and correcting him.

Dustin scoffed "Analogy? That's what you're worried about?" He asked in disbelief, he sighed annoyed "Fine. An analogy for understanding whatever the hell this is."

"Okay, so this mind flamer thing-"

"Flayer. Mind flayer." Dustin corrected cutting Nancy off.

Y/n chuckled "Really Dustin?" She asked smiling.

Nancy sighed "What does it want?"

"To conquer us, basically." Y/n answered shrugging "It believes it's the master race."

"Like the-the germans." Steve stammered looking over at Y/n from across the table.

Y/n gave him a look "You mean the Nazis?" She asked raising a brow.

Steve stared at her for a moment, his face going pink out of embarrassment "Yeah, yeah, yeah the Nazis." He said.

"Uhhh. If the Nazis were from another dimension, totally." Dustin said "It views other races, like us, as inferior to itself."

"It wants to spread, take over othet dimensions." Mike added on.

"We are talking about the destruction of our world as we know it." Lucas said.

"Thats great. That's great. That's really great." Steve said sarcastically as he stepped away from the table "Jesus!" He hissed walking away.

"Okay, so if this thing is like a brain that's controlling everything, then if we kill it...." Nancy paused, she had grabbed the book and moved away.

"We kill everything it controls." Mike finished for her.

"We win." Dustin added.

"Theoretically." Y/n pipped up as Steve moved to stand behind her.

"Great. So how do you kill this thing?" Jim asked taking the book from Nancy "Shoot it with Fireballs or something?

Dustin chuckles "No. No, no Fire- No Fireballs." He said "Uh, you summon an undead army, uh, because..." He trailed off hesitantly.

"Because zombies don't havel" Y/n finished.

"It's just a game. It's a game." Dustin said panicked.

"What the hell are we doing?" Jim asked irritated as he threw the book down on the table.

"I thought we were waiting for your muilitary back up." Dustin  retorted.

"We are!"

"Even if they come how are they gonna stop this?" Mike asked "you can't just shoot this with guns!"