sixteen.

A couple days later, Y/n pulled up to the school. She drove up to Steve's car, and parked right next to him. She climbed out of the car, just as the couple separated from each other. Y/n looked at Nancy with an envious look, but quickly shook her head. She leaned her head in Steve's window, since she parked on his driver side and not Nancy's.

"Morning lovebirds." Y/n greeted "How's it hangin'?" She asked.

"Good." Nancy said with a smile "How have you been, Y/n?"

"Ugh, tired." Y/n complained "Work has been hell, but hey, I need the money." She said shrugging.

"I don't understand how you can work, and do school at the same time." Steve said leaning back in his seat.

Y/n rolled her eyes "Maybe cause your stupid." She joked.

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are-"

The sound of a car revving was heard, and it was even louder than Y/n's. It stopped the two's childish bickering, thankfully. Confused and interested, Y/n leaned back out of Steve's car to look. She took a step back, as Steve got out to investigate as well. Y/n watched as a dark blue, 1979 Chevy Camaro parked near them. She wasn't able to see who was inside, but she did see two people.

The car revved in its spot, music blasting from the speakers inside. The car was shut off, and the door thrown open. Y/n watched as the man driving climbed out, he was wearing denim everything. He had on denim jeans that were a little tight, almost like skinny jeans, and he had on a denim jean jacket. His hair was styled into a slightly curly mullet, that was dark brownish or a dirty blonde.

The second person, was a long redheaded girl. She climbed out of the car with her skateboard, and an annoyed look on her face. This girl looked to be around the party's age. She closed the door, and dropped her board before skating away towards the middle school.

"Ooooo, he's kinds cute." Y/n whispered to Steve a smirk on her face.

Steve looked at her oddly "Your joking right?" He asked in disbelief, "Y/n, he looks like a total asshole."

Y/n rolled her eyes "You don't know that, you haven't even spoken to the guy." She said, watching him walk towards the high school "Besides, look at the ass!" She grinned.

"Well, he's definitely new." Nancy said looking at Y/n weirdly.

"Y/n, your still joking right?" Steve asked looking at her "You can't seriously think he's cute?"

"Oh, calm down Stevie." Y/n said patting his chest "If he's a dick, you know I wont go for him. You know how I am." She said before walking off "See you guys in class!" She exclaimed.

Y/n sat alone in Science, this was her second to last class before lunch. She sat in the back of the class, tapping her pen on the desk. After this she would have history, with Nancy and Jonathan. Suddenly someone plopped in the desk beside Y/n, and she looked over to see the new kid. Whoes name she hadn't learned.

She could smell the strong sent of cigarettes, and cologne. It wasn't a good smell, but it definitely wasn't a bad smell either. Y/n gave him a sweet smile, praying this guy wasn't some scum bag.

The new kid looked over at her, and grinning "Hi." He said "I'm Billy Hargrove." He added holding a hand out.

"Y/n Hopper." The h/c haired girl said reaching out and shaking his hand.