seventy-five

An hour had passed by now, and Steve was now driving at a slower speed. Y/n remained up front, while everyone crowded in the back. 'Fire and Rain' by James Taylor was playing softly from the radio.

"You okay?" Steve asked looking over at Y/m for a split second.

Y/n nodded "Yeah, sorta." She mumbled smiling.

"How's your....bite marks?"

"Babe, I'm fine you don't need to worry." Y/n said, reaching over and placing her hand on his thigh.

Steve sighed "I can't help it." He mumbled "You're...." He paused "You're the love of my life...." He whispered.

Y/n looked over at Steve, a warm feeling bubbling up in her chest "You're such a sap sometimes." She said.

Steve rolled his eyes "Well, you turned me into one." He said, looking over at her with a smile "Yeah, it's...it's silly, but I...I've actually...um, I always had this dream that I'd have this really...really big family. I'm talking, like, uh, a full brood of Harrington's. Like, five, six kids."

Y/n's eyes widened, and a large smile crossed her face. Neither of them had discussed the topic of kids, she was always too scared to bring it up. That and Steve didn't seem like the type to want kids, he always hated being the babysitter.

"I don't think it's silly." Y/n said smiling over at him, "I've-I've had dreams like that too." She mumbled shyly.

Steve grinned "Six little nuggets. Three girls, three boys." He said, a small laugh following "And...and every summer, I figured all of us Harrington's, we would pack into something like this and....just see the country. You know, the Rockies, Grand Canyon, maybe Yellowstone. End up in some beach side town in California. Spend a week parked in the sand......Lean how to surf or something."

Y/n's heart soared "That sounds.....amazing." She said in almost a whisper, "But, I didn't think you would want kids?"

Steve smiled keeping his eyes on the road "I mean....before I didn't...But now, I can't imagine not having kids."

"That sounds.....amazing." Y/n said happily "At least we have enough practice for the six kids part." She added.

Steve laughed throwing his head back slightly, "We've definitely had a lot of practice, especially you."

"I never thought babysitting would come in handy." Y/n said sighing "That and fighting interdimensional monsters."

Steve shook his head "I never thought fighting interdimensional monsters would be a skill I would learn." He said.

"Neither did I.....but here we are." Y/n sighed looking down "I just want this upside down stuff to end, and be gone forever."

Steve looked over at her with a sympathetic look "I know." He said gently.

Y/n looked at the road "You know, I think my dad would be happy they we're still together."

Steve snorted and shook his head "Y/n, I'm pretty sure your dad hated me." He said.

"Nah, definitely not. I mean he acted like that yeah, but that's cause he's way- he was, way too protective of me." Y/n said with a saddened smile.

"What about Mike? I'm pretty sure he hated Mike." Steve said in amusement.

Y/n snickered "Oh yeah, he-he definitely did." She said.

Nancy, Robin, Erica, Steve, Max and Y/n all walked into the Warzone. Y/n looked around the store, it was completely packed with people.