fourteen.

Y/n sat in the hospital, her leg bouncing. She always hated this place, especially after her sister. Will was okay, he was alive and in the hospital just unconscious. Everyone sat in the waiting room, even Steve was here.

She sat in between Mike and Dustin, both boys were leaning on her. Dustin was snoring away, along with Lucas who was leaning on him, but Mike was awake in his own head. They were happy that Will was okay, but they were grieving as well.

Eleven was gone. She had saved the boys from the creature, which Y/n figured out was the Demogorgon. But in result of saving them, El had sacrificed herself. Y/n wished she had gotten to know her better, gotten closer to her. But she will forever be grateful for what she did, sacrificing herself to save those boys.

Joyce and Jonathan were in the room with Will, waiting for him to wake up. Y/n looked up when someone walked out of the room, it was Jonathan. Will was awake. Mike quickly stood up, and began aggressively shaking Dustin and Lucas.

"Guys. Guys, he's up. Will is up. Guys, Will is up." Mike repeated shaking them.

Once they were awake, Lucas was first to tiredly run after Mike. Dustin stood up and looked at Y/n "You coming?" He asked.

Y/n sat there for a second, and she cleared her throat with a weak smile "I'll give you guys some time first." She said.

Dustin nodded and then spun around, quickly following after his friends. Y/n smiled watching them run for their lost friend, now returned. Suddenly Steve came over, and sat in one of the empty chairs.

"You okay?"

Y/n just hummed, and nodded "Yeah." She whispered.

"Are you sure?" Steve asked "You look a little tense." He said.

"I just really don't like hospital's." Y/n mumbled shrugging "Bad memories. But I-i have to be here for Will." She said.

"Your sister?" Steve asked hesitantly "The uh- the bad memories are they about your sister?"

Y/n nodded "Yeah, it's still sometimes hard for me." She said "It's even rougher on my dad."

Steve nodded and ran his fingers through his hair "I meant it, that whole...speech thing?" He said, "I do feel bad for what I did, to everyone of course, but mostly you."

"What do you mean?" Y/n asked even though she knew what he meant, she just wanted to hear him say it.

The jock sighed and looked down at his hands "Ditching you, bullying you, all of it." He said waving his hand "I feel really bad about it all, and I began realizing how stupid and dumb I was for it. And I realized that I had lost....such and amazing friend." He ranted in a guilty tone.

"Maybe all the hairspray was blocking your senses." Y/n teased casually.

Steve scoffed and looked at her "More like Tommy and Carol." He said "They-they really got into my stupid head."

Y/n looked over at him finally "Are you still friends with them?" She asked.

"No, hell no." Steve said quickly shaking his head "I-i realized how shitty they were, finally, when they were talking bad about you and Nance."

"They were talking bad about us?" Y/n asked "Wait, that actually doesn't surprise me." She mumbled.

Steve chuckled "Yeah, they're shitty people. And even shittier friends." She said, "Friends, again?" He asked looking over at her holding his hand out.

Y/n looked at his hand, and then back to him. Brought her hand up, and grabbed his shaking it. She nodded "Yeah." She said shaking his hand, quickly Y/n cleared her throat "I mean, I suppose so." She mumbled dropping her hand.