twenty-four

Steve laid on the flood of Dustin's livingroom room, Y/n had taken the couch much to her disagreement. Steve had insisted that Y/n slept comfortably, and by now she had been asleep for a while. This gave Steve the time he needed to think.

When Steve had given Y/n thoes flowers, he was horrified. But when he saw her reaction, he was relieved. The way her face lit up, and her smile, it warmed something inside him.

"God, get yourself together." Steve mumbled hitting himself on his forehead, his heart racing just at the thought of her smile.

Steve sat up, and looked over at the couch. Y/n was sleeping peacefully, her mouth open slightly. She looked like an angel when she slept, but Steve just thought that in general. God he felt so.....so helpless.

The next morning, Y/n, Steve and Dustin left early. Their first stop was the butcher, so they could buy several pounds of meat. Enough to fill at least theree buckets, one for Y/n to hold and one for Steve. And then they had gone back to the store they went to last year, and bought some gasoline and more bullets for Y/n.

The trio was unloading Steve's car. All three of them had on yellow dish gloves, so they didn't have to touch the raw meat. Dustin didn't bother contacting the others, but still had his walkie and headphones.

Y/n sighed "God, I'm so tired." She mumbled, they had woken up early to get all the stuff.

"Well, well, well, look who it is." Dustin said taking a step back.

Y/n stopped what she was doing, and looked at Dustin "Who is it?" She asked.

Dustin ignored her "Well, when you were having sister problems, Dart grew again, he escaped, and I'm pretty sure he's a baby Demogorgon." He explained, to Y/n could only assume to be Lucas.

Y/n knew that Lucas's younger sister, Erica, would be the only one to turn off a walkie. She knew that Nancy wouldn't do that to mike, that and Nancy hadn't been heard from. And it wasn't the first time Erica had done this.

"I'll explain later. Just meet me, Steve, and Y/n at the old junkyard." Dustin said "And bring your binoculars and wrist rocket." He added.

"Y/n, here." Steve said handing her a bucket, "All right, lets go." He added once she grabbed the bucket. Steve began walking away.

Y/n reached down to grab her small backpack, that had her walkie and boxes of bullets. She jogged to catch up with Steve, adjusting her grip on the bucket.

"Just be there, stat. Ovet and out." Dustin said rushing to catch up with his older friends.

The trio had been walking for a bit, each of them holding a bucket and tossing down meat. Dustin was explaining to the two of them, why he had even kept Dart.

"All right, so let me get this straight. You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in ordrr to impress a girl who....who you just met?" Steve asked in disbelief.

"Okay, that's grossly oversimplifying things." Dustin said.

"I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Steve asked shaking his head.

"I thought it was pretty cool, sorta, before it like.....molted or whatever." Y/n said shrugging "Oh yeah and ate mews."

"See, Y/n gets it. And it's an interdimensional slug, and it's awesome." Dustin said.