twenty-six

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asked Dustin  as the group walked along the tracks, hopefully in the direction of where the dogs went.

"Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on this butt." Dustin answered.

"You remembered that?" Y/n asked laughing slightly, as she walked next to Steve.

"He was tiny two days ago." Max pointed out.

"Well, he's molted three times already." Dustin said with a sigh.

Steve looked at his other side where Dustin was "Malted?"

"Molted." Y/n corrected "He shedded his skin to make room for growth like hornworms, or snakes." She explained.

"When's he gonna molt again?" Max asked.

"It's gotta be soon." Dustin answered "When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends."

"That probably will not be good, at all." Y/n said shaking her head "We don't even know how many friends he has." She pointed out.

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve said.

This caused Lucas to stop and grab Dustin "Wait, a cat?" He asked "Dart ate a cat?"

"No, what? No." Dustin said in a panicked voice.

"Dusty, what the hell are you talking about?" Y/n asked raising a brow "He ate poor Mews, Lucas I thought you knew?" She said in confusion.

"Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asked looking at the older teens.

"It's Dustin's cat." Steve said blinking.

"Steve! Y/n!"

"No, I didn't know." Lucas said glaring at Dustin "I knew it! You kept him!" He shouted.

"Uh-oh."

"No....No. No, I...No, I....He missed me." Dustin stuttered "He wanted to come home."

"Bullshit!"

"I didn't know he was a Demogorgon, okay?" Dustin said trying to defend himself.

"Oh, so now you admit it?" Lucas said angrily.

"Guys, who cares? We have to go." Max said hoping to stop this argument.

"I care! You put thr party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!" Lucas said.

"Both of you shut it!" Y/n snapped glaring at both of them, "And Lucas, you also broke a rule if I remember correctly." She said crossing her arms.

"What! So your on his side now?" Lucas asked looking at Y/n.

"I'm on no ones side! And don't you raise your voice at me, young man." Y/n said loudly, "You told a stranger, no offense Max-"

"None taken."

"-about all this crazy shit. You knew the rule, and broke it. Dustin also broke a rule, neither of you can get mad at each other for shit!" Y/n ranted glaring at the two of them.

"Dustin wanted to tell her too!" Lucas argued.

"But I didn't, Lucas, okay?"

Y/n walked next to the two and smacked them both, in the back of the head "You two better quit your shit." She said.

Dustin rubbed the back of his head "What the hell, Y/n?" He mumbled.

"Why do you hit so hard?" Lucas complained.

"You both broke a rule, you are even end of story." Y/n said angrily "I am sick and tired of your arguing."

"We are not-"