Superglue - ORIGINAL PROSE

Glued in place, stuck in a pose, prize and ornament for another's pleasure; dance and sing, remain still for all time, displayed for all to see, like a treasure unearthed for all to see and admire. Glued in position, a dancer, musician and model in one, remain an object of desire until the viewer grows bored, is filled with contempt and resentment as the modern consumer throws its once prized treasure to be consumed and thrown away once more. New hair, new voice, new face, new desire written across their faces, but it always ends, it always leads to more holes in my heart as I fall deeper down the crack in time where all lost things fall, to be forgotten about until the next trend, the next commodity falls into my lap to glue my body back together in newer, far more interesting ways. Glued together, held on by a thread, body made of plastic as my heart freezes into place; my lungs fill, air feels tighr, restricted, oppressive in my body and in the air around me. Superglued, unchanging through time, unaged by stresses and concerns, always chasing a moment long passed, when I was young and naive.

Allow me to twist and turn, bend and break my way through the barriers, for I never wish to remain a doll, an object of desire, frozen in time, never able to breathe for feae my lungs might collapse and shatter completely.