Chapter Eleven

Authors note:

This is chapter 1 of a double upload, enjoy!

               -        -        -         -    

He only just realized where they were heading after they passed by the classrooms and continued deeper into the building.

He never thought he'd be back here so soon, but now he was being pulled into his teachers office/mini library.

They continued through the rows of books and came to an old wooden door at the back, the man started sifting through his pockets briefly before pulling a key out and beginning to unlock the door.

Sora was extremely nervous.

With no clue what kind of room laid beyond the heavy wooden door and little to no chance of escaping if things got dangerous, he was worried.

Finally a click was heard and the old man pushed the door open.

"O-Oh.." was the only thing Sora managed to say before being pulled into the small living space.

"Something wrong, kid?"

"N-No, sir."

The old man opened another wooden door down a very short, narrow hallway and Sora was greeted with the sight of a bathroom.

One with plumbing.

"Alright kid, you can wash up here. I'll get you something to put on after."

The man then turned to leave, but Sora timidly grabbed his sleeve and he stopped.

"Yes?"

"U-Uhm.. I-I don't know h-how to work it.."

               ~      ~      ~      ~      ~

               ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"U-Uhm.. I-I don't know h-how to work it.." the boy spoke shyly, he looked very embarrassed.

Daniel internally cursed, he didn't realize Sora was that far into the outskirts of the town.

He began explaining how to turn the water on, change the temperature, turn it off, everything. Sora listened intently with the same expression he had when paying attention during class.

It baffled Daniel just how focused and eager the boy was, and even more so that people actually live without running water or electricity.

Being told that versus actually encountering someone who lived like that are two very different things.

He stepped out and left the boy to get cleaned up, the door shutting loudly behind him.