Chapter Twenty Two

Authors note:
Surprise update! I got this one done a lot earlier than anticipated and decided not to save it for a double upload, enjoy!

-Shae

              -         -          -          -

It had been a few hours of Sora just sitting in the castle courtyard drawing before the church bell finally rang, summoning all the students back to class.

Now, he would find out if he's getting expelled or not.

Prince Aiden did say Kazua would help me but.. maybe he didn't know the king would have to show up at a meeting. I doubt he would go through all that trouble for me.. he thought.

Again he made it to the classroom with no issues. No one had bothered him beyond just rude comments and that was still surprising to him.

After Mr, Baker did something to get Sasha and Matthew off his back the others that were getting physical stopped too.

Which was a good thing because his ribs still weren't healed and they hurt quite a bit anytime he moves.

Finally Mr, Baker walked into the classroom and the others grew quiet. He sat down at the desk, placing a stack of papers on it and pulling one from the stack.

One by one their names were called and he stated wether or not they were staying in the academy, if they were he would elaborate, some had gotten their soulmates, others had learned enough to be kept in, and there was a few who had a dragon that requested they stay.

His name was at the last of the list.

"Sora J Foster."

He raised his hand like the others. Customarily the raising of the hand was to tell the teacher where the student was in the room, the teacher would then make eye contact as they explained what was to happen.

Although, Mr, Baker definitely knew where he was, so it was purely to fit in this time.

"You have not found your soulmate yet. However you were vouched for by His, Majesty Kazua. So you will be staying in the program."

Sora nodded shakily as the others let out shocked noises. But Mr, Baker continued with the last two students, leaving no room for questions.

He could feel the burning heat of eyes staring at him throughout the rest of class. The students who were expelled left immediately but everyone else was to stay for the lesson afterwards.

Sora found it difficult to focus. He still somewhat expected to be expelled.

Furthermore, the King had personally ensured he wasn't. Who would not be freaking out about that?

              ~      ~      ~      ~      ~

he was deep into trying to solve a math problem when the bell startled him out of his thoughts. The others began packing their things and as usual he waited for them to leave.

Nearly everyone was gone as he was leaving the classroom, but Mr, Baker who called his name.

He turned to face the old man.

"Y-Yes, Sir?"

"I have a book I would like for you to read."

Sora nodded, curiosity slowing his reactions.

"Uhm, where is it? W-What is it about?"

Surprisingly Mr, Baker let out a small chuckle. He motioned for the boy to follow him and Sora obliged easily.