ninety-five

ninety-five, losing the one you loved the most

the day of the met gala had arrived quickly much to the dismay of elsie.

she knew that she'd have to face austin later today and she didn't think she was ready to.

they had been broken up for five months now and within those five months, he had publicly announced his relationship with kaia and he had admitted to cheating on elsie with kaia.

within the last five months, elsie thought the world was being cruel to her.

as if it was punishing her for something that she had done.

but elsie couldn't think of what the world could be punishing her for.

within five months of them breaking up, elsie had realized austin had cheated on her, her chances of having kids were slim to none and prada wasn't allowing her to walk with the rest of the cast at the met gala.

the only good thing to come out of it all was her support from her friends and meeting hayden.

he was a light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

when elsie had met him, he was a breath of fresh air and elsie felt like she could finally breathe again.

"nervous?" hayden asked as the two talked on the phone while elsie was waiting for her stylists to come and help her get ready.

"surprisingly, no. i'm just stressing over seeing you know who." elsie muttered under her breath.

"i really wish you were here." elsie huffed out with a frown.

"i do too but i promised briar's mom i'd take her this weekend." he frowned.

"i know. how's my little princess doing?" elsie smiled at the thought of briar.

"she's good. she's currently drawing a picture for you so she can give it to you when you come back." he informed her.

"awe, she's too cute." elsie's smile brightened.

a knock came from the door causing elsie to look at her door.

"i think my stylist is here but i'll facetime you once i'm ready. bye hayden." elsie smiled.

"bye ellie."

elsie ended the phone call before tossing her phone on her bed and jogging towards her hotel room door.

once she opened the door, she was met with hayden's blue eyes.

"oh my god." she gasped before she rushed towards him and pulled him into her arms.

"what're you doing here? who's taking care of briar?" elsie asked in shock.

"she's with my parents for the weekend." he reassured her.

"and your mom decide to invite the cast of our movie for the met." he informed her with a soft smile.

"remind me to thank her later." she remarked before she pulled him into a kiss.

"god, i missed this." he muttered against her lips before continuing to kiss her.

"i missed you." elsie breathed out as she rests her forehead against his.

"i missed you more." he smiled as he caressed her cheek with his hand.

"do you want to come in?" she asked.

"i would but i know you have to get ready. i'll come by when you're all done." he smiled as his thumb slightly pulled down her bottom lip.

"okay." she nodded before she leaned forward and placed her lips on his once more.