one hundred & twenty-three

one hundred & twenty-three, betrayal

DECEMBER

it had been a hectic last few months for elsie.

not only was she nominated for album of the year, record of the year, song of the year, best new artist and best pop solo performance but sinner's desire had become the highest gross income on the opening day of its release and it had the highest score on rotten tomatoes with a score of 100.

she also was nominated for a golden globe for best performance by an actress in a motion picture — drama for sinner's desire and best performance by an actress in a supporting role in any motion picture for elvis.

it was quite overwhelming for her.

never in a million years did she think that she'd be nominated for an oscar, let alone a grammy.

it was becoming real for her.

everything that she dreamed of as a kid was coming true.

all but one thing.

she still had doubts of the ivf treatment working and her fear of never having children scared her.

how could she not be able to do the one thing she was created for?

it made her feel awful about herself but she knew better than to act on her thoughts.

instead, she had turn ed to journaling her thoughts whenever they deemed harmful and it overall helped her.

but today wasn't about her.

it was about jackie and her big day.

she was getting married and elsie was there to ensure her day went perfectly, without anything going completely and utterly wrong.

which is why elsie was bossing around the grooms, well, mostly tom, who was goofing around mere minutes before the ceremony.

"i swear to god, if you don't get your shit together, i will make the rest of your night a living nightmare." elsie scolded angrily causing tom to immediately straighten up.

"sorry." he muttered in embarrassment.

"i'm sorry but everything needs to be perfect for jackie and andrew's wedding and i'm stuck ensuring that it happens." elsie apologized to the grooms men.

"you're doing a great job. just relax. we don't want that to carry on to jackie." jamie dornan comforted the girl causing her to let out a breath of relief.

"thank you. now, will you ensure he stays on his best behavior while i check on jackie before we're all to walk down the aisle?" elsie asked him as she motioned towards tom.

"i'm not a child, elsie." tom exclaimed.

"of course, go check on your sister." he smiled at her.

"thank you." she smiled before she turned to tom.

"then act like an adult." elsie told him pointedly before she made her way towards the bride's dressing room, where the other bridesmaids were.

in the room stood, claire holt, florence pugh, zendaya, margot robbie and phoebe tonkin.

"we have five minutes before we start walking down the aisle. are you okay?" elsie asked her sister, who stood in front of the mirror.

"yeah, just a little nervous." jackie admitted sheepishly.