Helios the Griffin

Me and my friend Violet_Vigilante were doing a Sonic roleplay and since one of my Sonic OCs is the daughter of a god/higher being by the name of Dark Gaia(aka my favorite monster in the Sonic series), I thought it would be fun to design kids for some of the other higher beings in this franchise. We were talking about names for a kid for the sun god Solaris from Sonic 2006 and I was like that's it I'm doing a Solaris kid and boom here he is. His name is Helios, and he is a Griffin and the son of Solaris.

The city of Solenna usually worshiped the sun god Solaris, but during the events of the Solaris Project, the god of time also created a child who is the protector of the city and the royal bodyguard to Princess Elise. His name his Helios, and some say he comes from the heavens to protect the city from destruction. Legend says that Helios was born from the original white flame that brought Solaris into existence in the first place. This was indeed true, because when Solaris spilt itself into Iblis and Mephiles, Solaris also gave birth to Helios in the process. The duke asked Helios to protect Elise at all costs to make sure that she would never cry, thus breaking the seal of Iblis inside of her.

Helios at first had some disregards with Sonic and Elise being friends, since he was tasked with protecting her. Helios would eventually grow close to Sonic later on, with the two working together to protect Elise from anything that would stand in their way. Due to being Solaris's kid, Helios could also time travel, so he was able to assist Silver and Shadow on their quests to the best of his ability before returning to Sonic to continue his duty on protecting Elise. When Sonic was killed by Mephiles, and when Elise broke Iblis's seal from inside of her, Helios thought that he had failed in protecting her, and had to watch his father return to the land.

Not all was lost though, for with the help of the super hedgehogs, Helios decided to help the hedgehog trio defeat his father and end his wrath once and for all, since he was nothing like Solaris. After Solaris's defeat, him, Sonic, and Elise were all sent back in time to the time before the Solaris Project. The time when Solaris was nothing but a while flame. Instead of Elise blowing out the flame, Helios did, knowing that his father's physical form would be erased from existence, and he, along with Elise, didn't want something like this to ever happen again. He blew the flame out after saying one final goodbye to his father.

Ever since history had changed, ever since Solaris's corporeal form was erased from existence, Helios continued to be Solenna's fabled protector and still pursued in being Elise's bodyguard. It's funny though, since Helios still remembers some of the events of Sonic 2006 unlike everyone else, and can still feel his father's spirit fly all around him. Helios had managed to overcome the fate to forget everything that has happened, and still knows Sonic and his friends even in the present.

 Helios had managed to overcome the fate to forget everything that has happened, and still knows Sonic and his friends even in the present

The regular Helios

And this is Ancestral Helios, which takes reference from Solaris's second phase

Name: Helios

Gender: Male

Age: Unknown

Species: Griffin

Status: Hero

Additional forms: Ancestral

Abilities: Can time travel and can even stop time without using chaos control, has the ability to use pyrokinesis, a powerful swordsman and wields a sword crafted from the sharpest of metals, he can shapeshift into different Mobain forms to disguise himself in local environments, he is almost immortal, but not as immortal as his father, and can project energy as orbs and lasers. He also uses this energy to create forcefields as well.

Likes: Being known as Soleanna's protector and getting respect, sparing in his free time when not in battle, protecting Elise, reading history books, and diving into any type of battle.

Dislikes: When he fails to protect Elise, when he shines so brightly, everyone has to scold him for blinding them, he loses his sword or when it gets dirty or bent, and when people do not give him any respect for being Soleanna's protector.

Relatives: None, but is related to Solaris since he was made from his flame.