Chapter 44

Chapter 44: A different kind

Holding the letter of invitation in his hand, William James Moriarty was deep in thought. Still, remember what happened days ago.

His brother Albert returned and informed them of an interesting fact regarding a new member of the House of Lord's parliament. There was a special circumstance where a new lord temporal was appointed by the crown through unusual conventions.

The identity of the new Lord Temporal is the most interesting thing.

It was the young master Raoul whom he encountered in Noahtic back then.

------------------------

         Eventually, the day of the ball organized by the Lord of the Oxford-Maximilian arrived. Other than the people that Raoul originally invited, there were some of the nobles from the House of Lords Parliament.

Among those nobles is Albert James Moriarty. Accompanied by his little brothers William and Louise (Through they have the original invitation letter sent by Raoul). Moran, Fred, and Jack are also there accompanying them as their servants.

Before they have completely arrived at the Oxford-Maximilian residence, William tasked Fred to gather information from the possible rumors about the young master.

Later, Fred returned and managed to garner some interesting information from the rumors. One interesting fact was that the young master Raoul wasn't attending any school right now. But his servants are commonly sent by the young master to Oxford University for some errands.

The second was that there were no bad rumors about the young master and the nearby people living in the Oxford-Maximilian residence are fond of him. They are also free to visit the manor and can relay messages to the servants if there was something that they needed and would like the young master to help them with. Lastly, the young master is very fond of children.

There were times when the young master can be seen spent walking around the nearby village, gathering the children, and spent his time entertaining the children with his eccentric stories.

After relaying the information, William then sighed. He was glad that the young master belongs to the rare breed of decent nobles.

It would be a pity if he wasn't. If there was darkness and evil behind the young master that he doesn't anyone, then William has no choice but to eradicate the young master.

His profiling of the young master when he met him on Noahtic is confirmed correct. But William must always double-check and consider other angles before he made his judgment.

William and the others then heard the youngest in their group mutter.

" The people and the children have a positive impression of the Earl. "

Fred knows that there were still decent nobles that exist out there. Like his masters who are working on making this country better.

But there are a lot of bad examples out there that Fred is forgetting that decent nobles who wouldn't abuse their power and depraved exist. Raoul was an eye-opener for him. Also considering his age, it was a miracle that he turned out to be an influence in a good direction. Not like a willful young noble who mostly cares about himself and abuses his privilege.

After the investigation, eventually, their group arrived at the Oxford-Maximilian manor. They were then welcomed by the servants. They noted that there were already other people around.

Looking around, it seems that it wouldn't be like a normal celebration at all.

-----------------------

  When he attended his first sitting at the House of Lords at Westminster Palace, Raoul haven't forgotten one important thing.

It was the day that Raoul met the Napoleon of Crime. The most famous villain of Sherlock Holmes. The Arch nemesis of the consulting detective— Earl Moriarty.

After meeting the man and knowing his identity– just like the other nobles and the house of lords, Raoul decided to invite him to his celebration despite knowing that Earl Moriarty is a very dangerous man himself.

Raoul needed the information and observe the Earl himself so that in case Raoul would earn the ire of Napoleon for a crime himself someday, he hoped he would escape an unfortunate end.

Other than the Arch nemesis of Sherlock Holmes, Raoul decided to read the works published by Dr. Watson as Conan Doyle.

He then discovered something unusual and very important.

In the Study of Scarlet, instead of Rache being the message left by the victim of the murder, it was Sherlock's name that resulted in the detective being put under the suspicion of Scotland Yard as the prime suspect.

Raoul was intrigued that only Enoch Drebber was murdered. There was no Joseph Stangerson. Unlike the book on his past world, Enoch wasn't an American but a bonafide British noble citizen of Britain.

Speaking of the noble, Raoul was disgusted by the atrocious deeds that Enoch Drebber have done. He felt sick yet he was also glad that Jefferson Hope have avenge her wife. Other than that, Raoul was also thankful that Dr. Watson decided to reveal the noble's sins in his story and wasn't afraid of any backlash that he would face against the noble society.

Maybe the next time that he saw him, Raoul wouldn't be hostile or salty about his treatment of Dr. Watson. It was just that he wasn't fond of womanizers and unfaithful lovers. They reminded him of his father. At this time, even though his mother and father have already reconciled regarding the things that happened between them, Raoul couldn't still find the day when he could forgive his father.

Finally, the most important discovery regarding the Study of Scarlet was that there was a mastermind behind Jefferson Hope.

It might be a coincidence that Raoul has met Earl Moriarty, but he was certain that the mastermind behind hope was Napoleon of Crime himself, Earl Albert James Moriarty!

At today's party, Raoul invited both Sherlock and Earl Moriarty. He was brimming with nervous energy and anticipation about what would happen when the detective and his arch-nemesis met each other at this party.

But when the party finally arrived, Raoul frowned when he saw the Earl. The Earl wasn't alone. But he wasn't accompanied by the nobles who were members of the House of Lords. Among the group of people accompanying the Earl was a familiar face.

What is Mr. William doing with Earl Moriarty?