The Fear

Beomgyu knocked on Yeonjun's door. He opened it and he was in a robe staring at him.

"Can we talk?" Beomgyu asked.

Yeonjun stepped back and let him in.

"What is it?" He asked as they sat down on his couch.

"Tell me what I don't know about you." He says. "I don't think I've ever asked and you were right about it being wrong for me to just assume. So can I learn more about you?"

Yeonjun gave him a small smile but it soon dropped.

"I joined this agency maybe a month before you did. Within that month so much happened, and I really want to tell you but after all this time I still can't talk about it I'm sorry."

"Don't be, whenever you're ready but me and you are gonna order pizza and relax today."

Yeonjun laughed. "You're not gonna take Taehyun's lunch today?"

Beomgyu froze and then stood up. "I'll be back in 10 minutes. I'll order the pizza on my way over there."

He quickly left and Yeonjun couldn't help but laugh again before he turned the tv on. Beomgyu quickly got to the agency and walked in, his coworkers greeted him as usual and he gave them the same warm smile.

"Taehyun."

His fiancé looked up and smiled. "Hey, cutie." They hugged and pecked each other's lips. "You brought me food again, you really don't have to do that."

"But I like bringing you lunch. How's work going?"

"It's great, we just got a newbie who's gonna be working with us to get Jet and Yeonjun and potentially shut down their entire organization."

"Who is it?"

"Agent Kang, we need you in the meeting room."

Taehyun turned around and Beomgyu's heart sank.

"Beomgyu this is Han Ijun, the chief's daughter. She's just as sharp as he is."

"I'm a lot sharper if you ask me." She gave a warm smile as she laughed. "Anyways, Beomgyu is it? Nice to meet you." She held her hand out for a handshake but Beomgyu only stared at her.

"Likewise, can I talk to you?" He asked Taehyun but pulled him along without him answering. They stepped outside and Beomgyu looked at him. "I don't like that you are working with her. Isn't Soobin good enough?"

Taehyun laughed. "Baby she has a lot of details. She's been working undercover on the inside. She has a lot more than we ever did. She can help the case."

"I understand that but I just...I have a bad feeling about her."

"Is this about work or are you jealous that I'm working with a pretty woman?"

"I'm not jeal-pretty woman?"

"I didn't mean it like that."

"But that's how it sounded." He snapped at him. He was starting to get angry.

"You have no reason not to trust me."

"Are you sure about that?"

Taehyun cocked an eyebrow. "Okay, what the fuck? Are you seriously questioning my loyalty to you?" He rubbed his face in annoyance. "If anyone shouldn't have trust it's me!" He yelled at him.

And Beomgyu thinks this is the first time he's raised his voice at him.

"You think I'm stupid? Soobin found the bank you claimed to work at. I went there and Choi Beomgyu doesn't exist to those people. Late phone calls in the middle of the night from "work" was all a lie for you to go sneak off and see whoever or whatever you're hiding from me!"