118-SPECIAL: I Can Feel It

Title: I Can Feel It

Special
Based off an edit au by Isaacskz on YouTube

TW: mentions of blood, murder, and suicide

A/N
I've come back, three years later, with a new special for you all to enjoy. The amount of attention my oneshots still gets astonishes me so please look forward to my improved writing 🙏

I'm here to tell a story I was told not to tell. The story of eight friends who could feel, smell, taste, and hear what each other did. A connection like no other. It was like some type of telepathy.

I can't remember when it started, but I do remember the beginning being peaceful. The feeling of one my friends sitting next to a heater on a cold day, or the taste of cheesecake filling my mouth the moment one of my friends took a bite. It was calming even. Everything was so simple back then.

My name is Han Jisung. At this time, I was a second year in high school. I had seven friends, all who I loved dearly. I wouldn't trade them for the world. At the time at least.

Yang Jeongin stood outside the school building, in his uniform. His backpack was a pale pink color, decorated with little pins of his favorite shows. In his hand was a strawberry milk carton. He had sipped it empty waiting for me, but didn't move from his spot in front of the gardening.

Jeongin was the youngest of us all. He was the cutest of us all, and we made sure he knew that. If we didn't have Jeongin by our side, there was no side to be on. That's how it was with us.

I approached him out of breath. My chest burned with each cold air breath I took. As I reached him, I bent over on my knees and tried to calm myself. I was often late, and Jeongin had always been the only one to wait for me outside in the cold. Everyone else had already grown sick of my antics within the first few months of our close friendship.

Another thing to note about our connection was we weren't always feeling each other. Sometimes I was feeling Jeongin's tears roll down his cheeks on a hard day and another one of our friends wouldn't, and other times I felt the grogginess of my friend, Chan, when his insomnia got the best of him, and Jeongin wouldn't. There seems to be a pattern to the connection, but only I had it somewhat figured out.

"Good morning." Jeongin said. He reached his hand out and dropped the milk carton on my head.

"Agh." I rubbed my head, but reached down to grab the carton anyhow. I always threw it away for him since he waited for me. Looking up at my youngest friend, I could see his slightly out of breath face. He wasn't heaving like I was, but it was clear he was feeling my aching chest. "Sorry."

"No need. Let's go inside." Jeongin turned on his heel and led the way in. I followed, whilst simultaneously trying to suck out anymore of the strawberry milk from Jeongin's carton. I assure you, it was empty.

We walked through the hallway of lockers to meet inside the canteen. I threw away the carton as we passed a bin. I was a bit disappointed it was empty, but nothing I could help since I was late.

Now, mind you, I wasn't actually late. I was late for our friend group's standards. 6:45 was our agreed meeting time in the mornings so we could hang out, but school didn't actually start for another thirty minutes. I arrived at seven, which was far too late for them to wait outside because they're all whiny and won't stand in the cold.

We always saved ourselves a table in the canteen in the back corner. It was where we sat during our break time as well. It was right next to the blinking vending machines that would steal your money if the snack you punched in was just a touch too far back.