91-Minsung : Numb

Title: Numb

Ship: Minsung

TW heavy angst

Laughs filled Jisung's ears. Cackling, amused-filled, laughs. The only thing they were laughing at was Jisung himself, like vulnerability was a joke.

Then a boy appeared, shouting at the laughers. Telling them "laughing won't get you anywhere with him."

"Why? Because he's numb?" One of the said.

Jisung spoke up at this. "Is that what you think depression is?"

The laughers went quiet, their ears set on listening to Jisung's explanation of depression.

"It's not feeling numb. Some feel that way because that's all they've felt, it's the only thing they can remember. But I don't feel numb. I feel like I'm drowning." Jisung shut his mouth and moved on. Walking to the canal he was originally walking to.

Finally approaching the canal, a small smile itched onto Jisung's face. The water was beautiful.

Jisung set his backpack down next to his feet. His eyes wandered the green colored water that stood for boats and irrigation. It reflected the sun, giving it a shine that made it all that more beautiful in Jisung's eyes.

Was the day the day he joined the canal in its massive wave of sadness, or would he wait one more day?

Jisung crouched in front of the water, on the edge of death. He scooped his finger in, feeling the warm water breath into his skin. Maybe it was the day.

Jisung stood back up, turning so his back was facing the water he admired everyday.

There was a person, or rather, the boy who stood up for him earlier, standing a few feet away. He stood with patience and purpose, ready to run if Jisung was going what he thought he was going to do.

Jisung let go. His body falling backwards into the canal. The boy also let go, going full sprint towards Jisung. Jisung noted that he was determined, not that it would matter after this.

Jisung let his body be swallowed by the waters levels of sadness. He closed his eyes, feeling his whole let go as he sank down towards the bottom, slower the longer he was in the water.

Jisung's body held onto whatever air it could for as long as it could. His body wasn't strong enough, and too, let go.

Feeling the fire fill his lungs hurt, but he finally felt happy. This is what he felt this entire time, and he was finally ending the suffering.

Right before everything blacked out, Jisung felt a hand grab his arm, pulling his body towards them. Then, two arms wrapped around his waist. Everything was lost to Jisung after that.

Jisung woke, coughing up water. It splattered all over his already soaked clothes. His body felt weak, and when he opened his eyes to see his savior, he was in no shock to the boy from earlier.

Jisung's breathing wasn't filled with wheezes, and the boy seemed to go into panic mode when he realized this. He went to pull his phone out, but Jisung used every last of his strength to stop him.

The boy stared down at Jisung for a few quick moments, before his face turned stern. "No, you are going to get help." With that, he whipped his hand away from Jisung and called for an ambulance.

An ambulance arrived, and Jisung was transferred to a hospital. A breathing tube down his throat.

The boy came into the room Jisung was placed in, sitting at the chair next to the bed.

"My name is Minho."