140-Minchan: His Rage

Title: His Rage

Ship: Minchan

TW: gore gore gore GORE I cannot stress enough

// I am such a sucker for family aus
looking back at all the attempts I made at epic fantasy or medieval fantasy in the past is so pathetic omg. They're so vague and not thought out at all. I hope I can bring this genre to justice a bit better because it's my absolute favorite.
(also this is not mpreg or transcharacter, it's just got more of a neutral sex/gender system if that makes sense? Idk it doesn't have to make sense for you to enjoy the story)
this is also more like a special with a Minho center so forgive me for that.

Mihsah/Mihmih/Dahsah are all gender neutral terms for parent in a language I created but interpret them as you like.

Minho practiced patience unlike no other. Raising six children called for it. Ruling a kingdom called for it. It was his most proud characteristic.

  Minho's footsteps echoed against the walls as he stepped along the marble floors of the castle. As a child barer, his skin was covered head to toe in silk. His gold and red dress slid along the tile behind him, coming around his head and over his nose. Only his eyes and hands had visible flesh to the eye of anyone but his children or husband. If it weren't for the golden silk, his golden jewelry—necklaces, bracelets, and the face necklace hanging over the fabric that covered the lower half of his face—revealed his true standing in the world. The Kalehsah.

  Minho slowed his walk as he approached the war room. He had waited for his husband to return for nearly an hour already, far past when the meeting was supposed to end. Glancing inside the cracked door, he could see that it was quite empty. He could just make out the curly hair his love had.

  Minho pushed open the door and stepped inside.

  Chan's head snapped up at the entrance. He wore his normal attire for the day. His armor, decorated in hard jewels. On his head, with chains hanging down around his face and hair, stood his rightful crown. The Kahleh, he was. A strong one at that.

  "Minho." Chan leaned away from the war table that Minho had seen a thousand times over. The Stedal Kingdom were brutal people, attacking their home, Stayile, over and over again in hopes of taking control. A war passed down through Chan's family for generations.

  "You've been gone long." Minho took a step toward him. "You haven't come to say goodnight to our children."

  Chan let a breath. "I'm sorry."

  "You know how I feel about apologies."

  Chan let out an amused breath with a shake of his head. He took a step forward, taking Minho in his arms. Their eye matched each other. "No, I know. They don't fix anything. But you have to understand, this war is on our soil now. Much closer and it'll be in the castle. Any closer and the Stedal win."

  Minho placed his hands along Chan's jaw, leaning into him as he spoke. "I understand. I assume your meeting didn't go well, then?"

  "Not quite. I'll figure something out. But my children need me, don't they? Has Changbin been behaving? And Hyunjin?" Chan began towards the door.

   "Oh, Changbin is just stubborn. I can do with him. But you know how Hyunjin is. He enjoys the run." Minho followed closely behind, slipping his hand in the older's.

  "I don't understand why. He isn't like that with me."

  "Because he wants to be you, hun." Minho shook his head as they lead back to their bedchamber. "Honestly, if it weren't for birthright, I'd say Hyunjin would be your heir."