142-Minchan: Bloody Feathers; pt2

Title: Bloody Feathers pt2

Ship: Minchan

TW: mentions of blood

A/N I heard you wanted more??

"What? It's just a few bloody feathers."

Chan shook his head. His lips tugged at a deep frown as he took in the soaked avian in front of him. It dripped from the top of his head, it splattered across his chest, all the fur of his clothes now ruined by the warm, dried liquid. His feathers, stuck and plastered, looked ragged with the new layer of red to them. He wasn't sure he wanted to touch them with the new stench of death coming from him.

Jisung appeared behind Chan, looking nearly as horrified with his hands against his cheeks. "What have you done. . ?"

"What have I—" Minho scoffed. "I was protecting Chan."

"They're going to come after you now. You know that!" Jisung exclaimed. He slid past Chan and out the door. "They won't let you come back to South Decking, especially not looking like that. You'll be banished. Exiled. You might've even started a war!"

"I didn't start anything." Minho shook his head. "If they're after one of us, might as well be both of us then."

Jisung shook his head as he took a step back. "I can't defend you anymore." With that, Jisung jogged off before pushing off into flight.

Minho let him. He let the smaller, weaker, avian fly away with no intent to help him out. If he didn't want to defend Minho in this, then so be it.

Minho turned his attention back to Chan when he heard a shaky breath. The older fell to his knees, a distraught look on his face. His hand held onto the wrapped wound, but it didn't look entirely like that was what was bothering him.

  "Chan?" Minho took a step toward the older.

  "Okay." Chan took a shaky breath. "You are the stupidest person alive for doing that. I can't believe you."

Minho's face fell to a frown. "He was trying to kill you."

"I am well aware of that, Minho." Chan got to his feet, giving a rightful glare to the younger. "Helping birds didn't exactly give me a good reputation in South Decking. That's how I ended up out here. Gelvic is super cautious about war and they make their people like that too. Seungmin tried to kill me, but you stopped him."

  "I don't think seeing me defend you would've exactly helped your case."

  Chan shut his mouth. He was trying his best to take in the uneasy situation he was in. Minho was right—even if he hadn't gone after Gelvic, he would've probably ended up dead either way. This way, at least, they were both felons.

  Chan was a bit more terrified of Minho now, but it wasn't like their situation was salvageable by much.

  "Okay. Come inside real quick." Chan turned and pushed the door all the way to the wall. He travelled back into his bathroom, finding his bath still filled from this morning. He never ended up bathing, and lucky he didn't. "Strip and get in."

  Minho's eyes widened. "Excuse me?"

  "You're covered in blood. I'm sure it isn't yours but if we're leaving, you should at least be decent. I'm not traveling with the stench of death around me." Chan gestured to the tub. "I'll step out if it makes you more comfortable."

Minho glanced down at himself with a quick realization. "And of my clothes?"

"You'll have to wear mine until you can make more. I don't think I have much time to get those stains out." Chan stepped towards the door. "Now, quick. If we're going to get out of here alive, we don't have much time." He pulled the door shut and moved to the kitchen.