115-Minchan : The Boy With Cigarettes

Title: The Boy With Cigarettes

Ship: Minchan (sorry I've been a sucker for them lately)

"Mom, Dad. I'm gay."

Those two words were all it took for Bang Chan to find himself on the streets of Seoul, homeless with no one to care for him. He was alone, the only company was his pack of cigarettes he got weekly.

Hardly able to afford them, it didn't help the boy find any place to stay. No job, no support. He wasn't in a healthy state of mind to get to the place he needed to be.

One day, on the first day of the high school down the block, a boy started passing him to and from.

Every time, the school boy spoke to him.

Chan had a cigarette in his mouth, his eyes glancing at the rocks on the ground. Upon hearing footsteps, he looked up.

A school boy with soft coconut hair halted his footsteps. His brown eyes glared down the cigarette hanging out of the older's lips. "Smoking is bad for you." He said.

Chan removed the cigarette from with mouth with two fingers, blowing out a puff of smoke. "I know."

"Then why are you doing it?"

Chan glanced at the cigarette before looking back up at the school boy. "It's the only company I got."

  The boy glanced down at the watch on his wrist. "I have to go to school. Goodbye, stranger."

  "Bye, school boy."

  Later that day, the boy came back. Chan was sitting on the pavement, his eyes on the street.

  "You come out to smoke a lot." The boy commented, sitting next to Chan. He used his feet to kick away the few used up cigarettes.

  "Yes." Chan nodded. "I do."

  "Smoking is bad."

  "You said that earlier."

  The boy smiled. "Because it's true."

  "I'm sure it is." Chan turned his head to the boy. "What's your name, school boy?"

  "Minho. Lee Minho. What's your name?"

  "Bang Chan."