119-Minsung: Kissing Scars

Title: Kissing Scars

Ship: Minsung

TW: mentions of self harm and abuse

Jisung gripped the straps of his backpack tightly. His entire life had been dumbed down to this moment. His entire life had been spent on boarding schools with wealthy, snooty kids with little respect for the little things that life gave them. He spent his entire life enjoying five-star restaurants and picking from little proportions of supposedly delicious food. His entire life had been surrounded by the income of his parents.

  Now that they've filed for bankruptcy, his life would be dumbed down to a small public school, large food proportions of fast food, and still surrounded by the income of his parents. Now, he'd be attending Eastside High. A school with a small attendance of just under three hundred students and a high crime rate in the surrounding neighborhoods.

  He was living in a world of riches to rags.

Eastside High had a small outside, one story campus. The concrete ground was covered with dried gum and holes. Jisung was sure he was going to trip if he wasn't paying enough attention. The outside walls were made of red bricks, some pieces shaved off from old age. Probably, at least.

Jisung placed a hand against a nicked part of the red brick wall. His finger gently felt the chipped hole. All the broken and dirty things in the school drew him in. The school looked lived in. It actually felt used.

"Excuse me?"

Jisung jumped. His eyes tore away from the chipped wall and over to the voice that called out to him. A boy stood in front of him. His black hair had a particular shine that made it look greasy, but Jisung had a feeling that wasn't the case. His eyes were quite wide with a sort of sunshine he couldn't explain. Jisung's eyes immediately flew to the freckles that decorated his face. That wasn't something you saw everyday.

  "Hi." He gave a thin-lipped smile. "Sorry, couldn't help but you noticing you touching the piss wall."

  "The what?"

  "Piss wall. The one some kids, you know, piss on."

  Jisung tore his hand away from the wall and stumbled back a few steps. "You're not serious, are you?"

  "Unfortunately." He gave Jisung an apologetic smile. "I assume you're new. Too late into the year to not know about the piss wall." He glanced back at a pair of doors, locked close with the bathroom symbols on them. "I'm gonna assume you don't know about the bathrooms being closed, either. Do you?"

  Jisung's mouth hung open. First, he touched a wall full of piss without knowing. How he hadn't smelled the toxins was beyond him. And now, he can't wash his piss touched hands. What a day this was.

  "Don't worry." He dug into his bag and pulled out a small container of sanitizer. "Here. I'm Felix, by the way."

  Jisung gratefully took the bottle and applied it to his hands. "Jisung. And yes, I'm new. So embarrassing that it's that obvious."

  Felix shrugged his shoulders. "Someone would've noticed at some point. Eastside isn't very big. Everyone basically knows everyone."

  Felix had a point. Jisung wouldn't have gotten far without making it obvious he was new.

  Jisung handed the bottle back with a huff. "So, Felix. Anything else I should know?"

  Felix gave a more genuine smile this time. "Lots. But there's not enough time to really explain to you. Uh." He glanced up at the piss wall. "I guess I could start with, the piss wall is only used between classes. Not before, not after, and not during lunch periods. And obviously, don't go touching it."