Ch 53: Scream and Shout

"I already know I'm gonna hate this."

Lily pats her fiancé's back supportively. "Don't worry. It might not be as bad as Thanksgiving since they're happy to see me."

"That sentence doesn't make me feel better, babe. It just further shows why I shouldn't be excited to be around your immediate family."

"Well, I'm sorry, but this is what you signed up for when you said yes to my proposal."

"I was kinda hoping we'd just live like we do now and not talk to them unless it's absolutely necessary."

"We might go that route depending on how this dinner goes."

"Is it weird I kinda want it to go poorly?"

Lily chuckles. "No, I get it. I know they're um...a handful."

Amanda organized a big dinner for Lily's immediate family and Ricky in Manhattan so they can get better acquainted since they'd be family soon. Ricky wasn't too fond of seeing any of Lily's horrid and entitled siblings since that's just more people that he'd have to pretend to like. Lily insisted that they go despite his protest and informed him that it was pointless to refuse them since Amanda would just keep rescheduling until it happens.

The couple enters the upscale French restaurant and finds the Rosenburg/Pinkerton table on the balcony. He was happy they were separated from most of the restaurant in case they made a scene. Amanda was the first to spot them, smiling at the pair.

"Well, if it isn't the soon to be newlyweds! Oh, Lilium. You've made me so proud, my dear."

"Thanks, mom. I really got lucky with this one."

Amanda hugs the both of them before Reginald gets up to greet them. "Oh, thank god you two are here. I don't know how much more I could stomach Amanda and those three kids." He whispers.

"Dad, those are your kids too."

"Yeah, I know, but you've met them. Surely you know they get draining after a while, not you though. That's why I'm giving you my company when I retire."

"I love you, dad."

"Love you too, angel."

Ricky and Lily sit beside one another, sitting across from Azalea, Daisy, and Aster with the parents sitting on opposite ends of the table. All of her siblings showed no interest in Ricky or this dinner much like the first time they met him. They just sat around the table as they played on their electronics.

"So, we must discuss your living situation." Amanda says.

Lily lifts a brow. "We're content where we are."

"Maybe, but New York is pretty far from your family. I would hate to not witness your marriage bloom and not meet my grandbabies."

Ricky choked on his water while Lily looked at her with fear. "Who said anything about grandbabies?"

"Well, I figured you'd get started the second after you guys went on your honeymoon to the Bahamas."

Ricky knits his brows. "We haven't decided on where we're honeymooning yet."

"No worries! Lilium and I will cover all the planning while you just sit there."

"Oh, okay then..." He wasn't sure if he was disappointed or not.

Reginald groans as he takes a sip of his wine. "Amanda, let them be. They've only been engaged for two weeks. There's plenty of time to plan."

"No there's not. There's a ticking clock actually. I would love it if she got married by the end of the year. Isn't that right, darling?"