Ch 61: Weddings are in the Air

This chapter takes place a year after the last one. Btw, there's just a pinch of lime juice in this chapter, enjoy ;)

**************************************************

Nini searched through her toiletry bag in a frenzy. "Darling, do you know where my good pearls are?"

He peeks his head through the bathroom door. "I'm sure I saw them in the living room after you took them off after dinner."

"Right! I completely forgot I did that."

"Besides the pearls, are you ready to go?"

"To the wedding of the year? Hell yeah."

"I'm sure our wedding will top theirs."

Nini scoffed. "That's a big fat doubt, babe. Lily's got old money while you have new money. It's still an impressive paycheck, but you get what I mean."

"Yeah, yeah."

The two lovebirds were preparing to head to Lily and Asher's wedding in an hour. They were thrilled when they got the invite six months ago since she looked genuinely happy with the man she actually wanted to be with.

Nini puts on her pearls and looks at her boyfriend of a year. "How do I look?"

He smiles and places his hands on her hips. "Like a dream." He pecks her lips. "Ready?"

She perks up. "Yep!"

He grabs her purse for her as they exit their hotel room. He assisted Nini into the car before hopping in the driver's seat. Nini rested her hand on the center console while he rubs her thigh as he drives down the road.

"You know, it's insane how different our lives are in just a year. We lived in an entirely different state, and we were with different people that we were forcing ourselves to love. God, it was so miserable."

Ricky smiles and kisses the back of his girlfriend's hand. "True, but I'm just happy we're happier than ever."

Soon after their reconciliation after the almost wedding, they followed through with their plan. Nini moved to an apartment in Sacramento that was close to her job while Ricky moved into one a few blocks for his job at Broadway Sacramento. Lily did some persuading to ensure he had a spot there, which he was thankful for, and he was able to move in about three weeks after Nini did. They don't live that far from one another, and they were the only people they knew in the city. So, they visited each other almost every day, and it was heaven.

"Wait, Lily's mom's side and her siblings aren't here, right?"

Ricky scoffed at the absurd question. "God, no! She officially dropped them after the wedding. It's only selective members of her dad's side and her closest friends really."

Nini sighs in relief. "Good, because Amanda scares me, and I can't imagine what she'd do to me since I "stole" you away from her daughter's happy ending. Also, I had no desire to ever meet them officially."

Ricky chuckled. "Yeah, that's a good point. I'm sure she'd try to pull something if she ever encountered you."

"She'd come for your neck too."

"Oh, I don't doubt it."

They pull into the parking lot of the fancy chapel in her home town of Incline Village. Ricky helps his girlfriend out of the car and interlaces their fingers. Before they could head into the chapel, he surprises her by gently pushing her against the car and kissing her neck. She gasps and wraps her arms around his neck.

"Ricky, baby, what're you doing?"

"What does it look like?"

She moans when he licks her clavicle. "Here of all places?"