Chapter 33

She only had a few minutes left.

It had been hard to convince Erick not to follow her but she knew he would have shown up anyways.

So they sat in silence, watching the waterfall.

Eun-ji didn't know why she liked this spot so much. Maybe it was the sound of the waterfall.

She sat on the ground, her hair in the front to cover her chest. Legs to her chest, ankles crossed and arms around her legs.

Erick sat next to her, one leg up.

Both sat in silence.

Both thinking of how different everything had turned out.

"How are things with your mate? I haven't seen you around lately." God did she miss him. She missed his presence, touches, jokes. He missed the way he would pick fights with her.

She missed them.

"It's good I guess. I ah... I'm having a hard time adjusting to everything but she's trying her hardest to help."

"That's good. I'm glad you were able to found your mate. She's amazing."

"Well I know this other girl, she's pretty amazing too. And she's the strongest and most caring person I've ever met." Erick looked over at Eun-ji. He noticed her shy expression. God how he wished he could kiss her senseless. After a few moments he looked down at his watch.

It was officially midnight. It was her birthday.

"Happy birthday Eun-ji!" Erick tried to sound happy but it was killing him. She looked up to meet his eyes. She waited before saying anything. Deep down she still hoped there was a mistake. She waited to see if maybe his scent would overwhelm her senses. To see if anything unexpected happened.

But nothing came. His scent didn't change at all. She looked down when her eyes became watery.

"Babe, why are you crying? It's your birthday."

"Cus, I still had hope we were destined for each other. I don't care having to share you if it meant being with you. But I guess everything was right."

Erick reached over and pulled her to his hard chest.

"Don't worry ok, just trust me and know you will be happy in the end. I'm going to make sure you are happy no matter what." He kissed her head.

They stayed there till early in the morning.

*********

Both Namjoon and Hoseok were sound asleep when they felt it.

Both boys were the only ones left. Seokjin, Jimin and Jungkook were about to be done with their ruts while Taehyung and Yoongi were in the middle of theirs.

They were asleep in their shared room when an overwhelming smell brought them back to reality.

Namjoon could smell lavender, the smell he associated with his brother, a smell that brought calmness to his senses. However this lavender was overpowering. It was stronger than what he had ever smelled before. But it wasn't annoying to him. If anything, it turned him on. The smell was making him lose control of himself. He could taste the lavender on his tongue. No he wanted to bath himself on that scent. Claim it as his.

Hoseok felt the same. The calming earthy rain smell was turning into a storm, a storm he wanted to stand outside with. His wolf recognized this mouthwatering smell as his.

Both boys were abruptly woken from their slumber by how strong their scents became. Not even with ruts had they smelled each other like this.

They got up frantically looking, searching for the smell. The smell their instincts recognized as mate.