Chapter 55

Erick was excited to see them. To see the people who became his family.

He learned family doesn't have to be blood. There are many different situations around the world that bring people together. These situations can have different types of love that run deep.

In one single night, his whole life became destroyed and he was beyond grateful to the people who helped him get up and heal, who never let go, not even when he pushed them away.

His father, his family, have all been generational hunters. Only one other family beside the one the Moon Goddess chose knew the truth and it was them.

It had been many many generations of conflicts and blood shed. As hunters, every time the Moon Goddess redid the bonds, they tried to kill the chosen ones.

The family had never succeeded in killing all of them so they recruited other wolfs, brainwashed their minds, twisted how they saw the Goddess and made a secret society, with them always in command.

Every time a mate was killed or disappeared, it was because of them. The generations became delusional with power. They believed they could defeat the Moon Goddess.

He learned the real reason his parents stared to fight was because she found out about her mate being a hunter. She couldn't believe her mate would go to such extreme measures to carry such a pointless and envious tradition.

His heart broke when he was able to interrogation his father with the help of Jimin and had found out he had her killed. He couldn't picture himself without her so he had her killed.

His own father, the man he looked up to, killed his mother, his own mate for some stupid cult.

His heart completely shattered. Erick loved his mother. So much. And her loss was the most difficult thing he had to come to peace with.

But that's wasn't the only part of the betrayal, his best friend, the one he confined his deepest desires to, that stupid witch was the one that killed her.

Generations back Eduardo's family got involved and offered help to aid the hunters. So all along, the friendship was a lie.

Despite losing his father and best friend, not once did he regretted his decision. He didn't know any of these details but he knew he wasn't going to be on his father's side anyways. Not now or ever.

He wondered if the Moon Goddess wanted to be funny when she choose him for the Key.

The son of the hunter, the one who was supposed to carry out the legacy if they were not successful in killing the mates, was the Key, the protector.

Thinking about Eun-ji did easy his worries. He managed to go home and collect all the records about the hunters. But that was just the beginning. There was so much more that needs to be done.

*****

Eun-ji waited for Erick and Selene to arrive. They had been gone for 3 months. It had taken a lot to get Erick back on his feet. Eun-ji could still hear his cries echoing through her room walls.

She couldn't bring herself to imagine his pain. His own father killed his mate. A beautiful women and a mother. Erick's mother.

His supposed best friend did the deed at the command of his dad.

What kind of sick men would do that.

Her stomach would feel nauseous thinking about how Erick could have been. She wondered if fate brought them together or it was pure coincidence.

The son, the expected leader of the next generation of hunters had been chosen to protect her.

She wonder if they would have meet as he hunt her down, as he tried to end her life. She couldn't picture Erick doing that, but then his dad was the fucking devil himself so maybe there would have been a way to convince him.