Chapter 49

"Papa?"

Erick's voice sounded loud within the silence of the night.

The Alpha stepped up beside Erick, putting him behind, a gesture of protection. He sniffed the air, a scent drawing his memories.

A single man pushed past the intruders standing before them, a man Erick found familiar. He would know his father in any setting.

"Son! It's so great to see you! Iseul! You haven't changed!" The brazen man was tall, just as tall as Erick. He had dark hair with white, silver touches. His dark skin seems to glow, good physics as well.

Erick tensed as his dad came up to them, a genuine smiled graced his lips. His father came up to him and hugged him, kissing his cheek.

"I thought to find you here!" He turned, "Iseul! I haven't seen you in years! You look better than I remember!" He went up to him and gave him a hug, Iseul clearly uncomfortable, not responding but not pushing him back.

"And Ae-Cha! You look just as beautiful!" He went up to the Luna, wanting to hug her but Chul, the pack's Beta, interfered.

"And Chul, loyal as always."

"Just what are you doing! What's the fuck are you doing?"

"Son, calm down this is not the way to talk to your father."

"Santos what is the meaning of all this! You attacked my pack!"

"I haven't killed a single person, everyone is just asleep, I promise."

"It doesn't matter! Explain yourself."

"Look Iseul, we have been friends for many many years. I still remember the summers I spent here with you and Ae-Cha. You mean a lot to me..... But I have been giving a task. I can't fail. I won't fail. No matter who it is."

"Santos I don't understand. What are you taking about?"

"Papa? Que putas es esto?" **

He completely ignored his son.

"Son, I wanted you to continue the legacy. We were going to start once you got back but things got complicated, no?" Santos looked behind the males, behind the Luna, and found two females.

Very beautiful girls, very young. Well one was younger than the other.

"Do you believe in destiny? Fate? Coincidence?"

Iseul felt tense as he watched his old friend look behind him. He didn't like the tone Santos kept using. He didn't like anything that was happening.

"I thought you told me once your girlfriend turned 18 you both would come home? You had a proposal ready for her? You spent so many month planning the way to ask her to marry you. The house you designed is almost finished by the way."

Erick felt his words stab his heart. He never told Eun-ji why he had gone back home. He felt the pain in his heart for his mate. She didn't deserve to hear this.

"So what happened son? Why haven't you come home with the women you wanted to marry? The women you said was the one? Who you wanted to carry your pups?"

"Iseul, I was beyond happy when he told me it was your daughter. I wanted nothing more than our families unified. But nothing turned out like it was supposed to."

"Dad! Stop. She's not my mate! I've found the one for me."

"Yeah because she's mated to seven others!" Santos couldn't help raise his voice at his son.

"How.... How do you know this?" Iseul felt his blood boil. This was hidden information.

"Well your precious book is not the only thing that holds power."