... Invisible Threads ...

Note : I know this might be boring but all this is required before I actually stir more drama.

P. S. Ignore errors..

             - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

His phone started ringing on the side table of the bed.. It was on her side.. He reluctantly moved up from his side leaning on her to grab it..

Silenced it first.. It was his sister.. Ehole weekend he had taken her call once, that too only for few seconds and one minute with his mother, that too on friday..he picked it..

In all this she stirred a bit.. So he covered the blanket on her a bit more and sat in a half sleep position..

K : haa

His voice was smooth but very very low..

M : so raha tha?

His sister was intrigued..

K : aise hi..

He could hear his mother taking the phone..

Mom : tabiyat..

K : thik hun mommy..

He smiled softly feeling the eagerness in his voice..

Mom : ghar ajata..

K : I had plans already.. Next week..

He watched the girl sleeping beside him...

His sister snatched the phone.. He could hear her getting the phone form their mother back.. He knew she was going to interrogate him..

Meenu : kidhar hai..?

K : kya hai..

Meenu : milne gaya tha nishi se...

Saba was the younger sister of his friend.. She stayed in hyderabad doing her PhD in biotechnology.. Usually he and his 3 friends dropped by sometimes to meet her.. Over the years they've kept in touch with her and even with the family..

K: nahi..

M : aunty has got stone in gal bladder..

He got up...

K : who said..

M :  I spoke yesterday..

Now he knew why she was asking if he was in hyderabad.. If he had said yes she would know it's a lie..

K : next weekend I'll be there.. I'll meet.

M : .. I had asked her reports and send it to di.. Nothing major.. I'll go and see once.

His friend's family was a regular middle class working family. They were capable enough to manage themselves.. But the conscience never really let the four of them to move on..

So they kept in touch..
In case they ever need anything and also to lessen the pain, to make them feel they were not alone.. Initially it was awkward but with time everyone got used to it..

M : I saw your insta status and Snapchat location..

By this time she was awake and just lied there as his hands kept caressing her hair softly..

K : then why you're asking..

M : recently you've gone bangalore.. Again..

K : few friends are working here.. So came to meet..

M : fine.. You could'veet teja also..

His hands stopped midway and when he looked at her, he found her looking at him with a surprise.. A moment of panic.. A little tense..