Shattered Pieces..

Things went smoothly over the next few days..

He got busy with all the work and arrangements.....

His two sisters were there to keep nagging.. His mom kept calling him again and again for one or other matter which irritated his dad cause he wanted him somewhere else.. His two nephews kept running after him, crying to take them with him.. His cousins were there trying to help out..

SHE kept on coming and going for the events, so he saw her plenty of times.. Out of that he had picked her up twice, dropped her along with others for shopping and all..

It was the haldi day.. He stood there.. The rituals were going on.. When it was done they simply kept on applying that on everyone.. Her brother and cousins were also there...

An hour into the playing.. They sat down in the open area together.. Buttermilk was being served in tall glasses..

Trisha : why you had to get married in summer..??

Her cousin whined because it was hot, even though there was a low pressure..

Pratik : you would say the same dialogue even in all seasons..

Himanshu : in this avatar if sanket bhai sees her then he will rethink about the marriage..

There was a roar of laughter as meenu started running after her cousin to beat him up..

Pratik : my sister.. Look at her.. Looks like a monkey..

Pratik teased her, which earned him a glare from her..

T :you look like a donkey all the time.. Atleast once I take this haldi off the beauty is going to be multiplied..

She huffed in her confidence.. He laughed at her dialogue..

Pratik : we'll do voting.. For each one of you.. Raise your hands..

There were more pushing pulling teasing..

She turned around in irritation and found him looking at her.. Very calmly.. Like nothing was going on.

T : do I look that ugly...

She asked up like a child.. He was take. Aback for  a second.. There was a loud shout from the guys "yes.. Say yes.."

K : no..

He said it as if it offended him to think of her as ugly.. he didn't agree at all.. His reaction was spontaneous.. He didn't mind what others were saying all he saw was how sad she looked..

Her face brightened up at his answer..

T : look he doesn't feel the same..

Vikram : he's just telling not that ugly..

Pratik : Yesss...

They laughed loudly..

She frowned..

T : so I look ugly...

She gave a sigh..

K : not at all..

He handed her the plate of besan ladoo that just a moment before someone handed him..

Himanshu : Ahh.. This guy is..

She pushed her hair in a victory gesture... She had a big smile in her face..

Her yellow cotton skirt had flowed like a petal.. Her multicolor duppata had drawn his attention each time.. He had leaned back, walked forward just to catch a glimpse of her from the beginning of this particular day... An that wasn't the definition of ugly..