Recipes Of Getting Closer...

Note : it is not that good but bear it...

---------------------------------------------------------

Prakash gestured him to pick the tea cup. He picked it up a bit reluctantly..

His dad was finishing up the call.. His mother was around the corner talking with her mother and aunt.. His sister was downstairs somewhere..

They were here to inform about his sister's wedding that they planned for March, after 2 months .... His parents were happy.. It was after 4 days after they were back from Goa.. He still would be working remotely for next few days..

For last 6 years he hadn't been here.. Never inside the house like he used to once upon a time..

She hadn't been responding to him.. He had messaged once with a greet and called twice.. So he hadn't denied this when his mother asked him..

And now from the moment he entered she hadn't looked him in the eye also.. Her open messy hair.. She wore a nice losse white printed tracks and her loose crop top.. He kept looking around to atleast have an eye contact but the women didn't give him a chance...

Here he was stuck with the fathers.. Atleast he hoped her uncle would be there, since he was more easy going than these two old men..

P : i guess you've gotten used to Delhi..? Is it?

K : I guess so..

He stayed polite..

P : this financial field is a strange place.. Isn't it?

Prakash tried to be smooth and it was a sign let's pretend nothing ever happened..

K : with time it becomes more normal..

P : ahh.. I see.. I've met with your managing director twice.. A proper business guy..

K : never interacted directly but I agree..

P : you plan on working there..

K : only if it helps me move on the hierarchy..

He expected to be promoted to an assistant vice president level this year.. From there it would he easier to get I to the top circle.. He had in mind..

P : oh.. Good.. Good..

Prakash genuinely nodded being happy.. He didn't know how to react so he kept a silence..

His father joined them back and once the ladies joined he slipped out of there.. It was a Saturday night and they all were having dinner.. It was evening already.

He came down from the 1st floor floor hall.. He checked her favorite spot.. She wasn't there.. So he came down..

She was in kitchen..

He stood there looking at them..
She was trying something with prawns.. It was a Friday... The usual cook was there.. Meenu sat on the slab taking pictures.. Change checking the recipe link she had sent, to guide....

When he entered suddenly she went silent.. Her face had something.. His sister went up as his mother gave a call.. He stood closer to her as she was mixing some sauce.. He leaned beside her the slab.. She wanted the salt which was on the other side..

She tried to cross him and he didn't..

K : what do you need?

He asked her trying to intrude into her space..

T : need the salt  .. If you can mov..

He handed it her. She started washing the spring onions as he stayed there.. The cook went out as she prepared the dough for kulcha and went out since it would be prepared just before dinner.