Riches And Roots

Note : this is boring but I hope as the story progresses it would get better.. Just go through it and ignore the errors if you can.. :(

Happy reading...

P. S. I loved the Kolkata vlog so muchhhhhh... ❤️😭

----------------------
He had walked into for the party hall wearing a nice denim jeans and a blue shirt...

He was introduced to the host of the party Mr wayngankars and his family. He had greeted them formally..

Mr wayngankar : meet Tejasswi.. My eldest... Infact the first child in all our kids. And this is naveen, second one. Prateek, third one and our youngest Trisha..

He considered his brother's children also as his own. Naveen was 13, Prateek was 11 and Trisha was 10. Naveen and Trisha were Prakash's younger brother Vinod's kids.

That's the exact moment he saw her, the first time..she wore a sundress of purple, had a brace around her teeth, straight hair, glasses in her eyes giving her a total nerd look.. She was very lean but the height was okay cause she had worn a 3 inch heel..

Mr. Kunddra : this is Poonam, meenu and this is my youngest one. Karan.

He extended a hand to shake with a smile.. Prakash w already met him before because he had visited them but others haven't..

Their fathers were close.. She held his hand for a second only.. She was way too nervous and shy..

They stood around the kids around their age.. Most are in school..
The brace in her teeth, which she had to wear after her mother had taken her to the dentist and the glasses made her feel inferior.
One of the guy named Akash had joked if her brace is made of gold and everyone has laughed, even them with whom she expected she could build a friendship. She tried to smile a bit to pacify herself that it was just a joke. That's whe she saw him. They all stood at a certain place in the big party hall and he was leaning on the wall and one of his hand was in pocket and most importantly he wasn't laughing.

She stopped smiling, cause something alarmed her that this person could see the hurt behind her smile. Their eyes locked with each other .... For 11 seconds tgey continued to stare and he moved his head as his sister called him. She looked down feeling exposed as if his stare told her "you don't need to pretend"

He had answered "that would look cool I think...".. She was surprised cuase when all had laughed about it he had answered  as if he didn't care about it.. The only one guy who didn't care about being cool or to feel to be part of the gang..

He had this instinct to protect.... Most of the times his dad was busy with work so he had developed this habit of always trying to be the shield for his sister who was one year elder to him.

She smiled at him genuinely.. He walked upto her.. She hadn't even seen him properly from the moment he had entered but right now she did... He was tall and handsome, she calculated that..

He leaned beside the wall.. To him she looked like a small girl who is new to all of this. He returned her smile with a smile.

K : for how long you would be wearing those braces..

T : doctor would say.. That time I..

K : so, braces would be gone one day... Don't think about it when you smile.

She  had watched him surprised thinking how would he know but she had nodded.. That one line meant a whole world cause he had seen something she wanted to hide.. 

He was in 12th standard and she was in 10th. Recently she had shifted here from Nagpur.

  Her father was a business tycoon whose firm was into the manafaccturing of medicines ingridients. Her parents held around 29% stake in the company and her uncle held around 23% rest of the shares was with board members and retail investors.

They were originally from Nagapur and stayed over there.  They had some 11 plants to generate the api ( active pharamaceutical ingridients) across India and Mumbai had the main registered office. Due to the pressure of work and for the education of the kids her whole joint family moved to Mumbai recently..

Having a company and managing it required her father and uncle to be in the main city and travel.. From years they all wanted to shift Mumbai but her dadi never agreed.. She would say to leave her there and go but they all could never do that.

She was a child but she understood the emotions in her grandmother's words. How can she leave the big villa where she had spent 80% of her life. But when she passed away last year they had planned and shifted just before she started her 10th. Their family was rich but tgey were way too conservative.

Thanks to the family background she, her brother and her cousins also got into kv.

He was there in Mumbai from last 2 years when his dad got retired from Indian airforce and got appointed in a government officer post. He had 2 elder sisters and being the youngest he got all the facilities that his parents could afford.

Her father had met his father quite a few times due to work related things and over the last two years had developed a friendship. When she shifted to Mumbai her father kept a house warming party where all his family joined.

That's the first time she had seen him.. There were other people and a lot of kids of similar age group.. Mostly 14-18. She had seen them at times but this is first time she had to get along with them and being a shy introvert didn't help that much.

When she saw him concerned for her on the playground that day, she had been started dreaming... Finally she got a friend in this strange city and may be... May be he liked her too.