Ugly, Unseen & Unkempt ...

He moved out of the city... His whole family wanted him to... His uncle stayed in Delhi working for an mnc, had two teenage kids.. His aunt insisted him to come over to them.. He knew he needed the change...

His days went by attending the mock classes for cat entrance coaching and with the loud noises by his cousins...

He sat there as his cousins played chess and fought over it regarding the rules.. The change kind of made him feel better.. At least he didn't have that dread feeling of seeing his mother's swollen face or bear his father's immense silence..

Meenu called... She was in home as she had taken a new job just so she can be with parents.. His elder sister was also home after completing her post graduation in paediatric..

He got up to take the call..

K : hm..

M : why you keep mom putting through your bullshit..

She was obviously mad.. Day before on call he had bluntly told his mother that one day they all would be paying back for being cowards, for being selfish... He just wasn't able to get over the fact that Noone even tried to get the justice for his dead friend...

K : that's the truth..

For whole childhood children were taught the value of truth but Noone told them how ugly and hurtful the truth could be...

M : if you think by doing this you're being righteous then you're wrong.. You're just being stubborn..

K : Noone cared... Do you even realise how would you feel if I was in his place...

She kept the phone aside trying to understand why he has to be so harsh..

M : Karan.. there were 6 of you... The other 4 also more or less know the truth..  They're also in pain.. They're also trying to accept it.. Try to understand the situation..

He took a deep breath... He needed to find something..

M : did you feel out the form for that CAT institute..

K : hm..

She didn't press on it... Somehow she had to drag her brother back to normal and for that he needed an aim, a little bit of motivation... She would give it to him for keeping a facade of being strong even when he was practically ripped off from his whole dream and career...

She changed the topic..

M : did you and teja had a fight?

K : no.. Why?

He was tempted for a moment to actually go against her father by taking things forward but he knew he couldn't... He would always have a soft corner for her..
He didn't want to recall his last meet.. How foolish was he to think of using her..

M : you've not shared this new no with her... So I assumed..

K : you think there's something to fight..

He was pissed...

M : well... It looked different..

She did not had words..

K : what different.

M : it looked like you guys shared a good bond...

She said it casually.

K : Nothing was there.

His said it rudely trying to accuse her for saying things that irritated him..

M : all I'm saying you guys had kind of a solid friendship... Don't charge at me like that.

K : leave me alone then..

He disconnected without hearing her.. The thought of her made him uncomfortable... He still regretted the kiss that according to him happened in the spur of the moment.

Her hands were itching to text but her pride didn't allow her... She was in a trance.... She waited for a reaction... Or for a call or text..  Initially she kept the optimistic thought that randomly one of these days he would turn up to mollify her.. But there were none...

A week passed..

she felt as if that while thing was a dream... May be she imagined it all on her own...it was miserable..

Suddenly one day she heard he's moving to Delhi to stay with his uncle.. She wished to see him but sadly the situation was like there was no reason for her to visit...

She had missed him a little more than he did... She had let herself lean on him for a long time..  She wished just as usual he would turn up and give a surprise visit... Or he would just call her up to tell her if she would join them for the weekend plan.. She stared at his number for hours, it no longer had the WhatsApp...

She subtly asked his sister how he's doing... She felt envious how his sister seemed to be aware of his situation, how she was a part of his life...

It meant he allowed her to be a part of his life where as she wasn't even sure he remembered.. At times she thought if one day he would realise how much he meant to her but the percentage of that happening was less...

He might have gotten new people to hang with... She would give up anything just to have him sit beside her on her favourite spot in the balcony quizzing her about some random things...

She wished  like last time she can call him and ask him to come because she wanted to go on her scooty for a drive... That day he wasn't able to come up but next day he did.. She had actually drove as he sat beside her wearing a helmet in Silence... She longed for those moments, craved to relive it...

She decided to go along with her applications and join a suitable college..

The city started hunting her down with old memories... The sad part was the memories weren't even that old yet the things that were normal, now felt like a dream that could never repeat.
The only way to get rid of memories was to replace create new ones..

She had written him a message on facebook messenger even though it showed inactive since 32 days...

"Whatever it may be we can always restart.."

Few years back he had said that to her... She wished those words would work the same way it did for her..

It stayed there among all the unnecessary unwanted randomly piled up messages as he never opened the inbox or realised he had a message from her...