In The Trap Of Hope...

Naveen wayngankar sat down with both them.. She sat nervously, he was aloof. This was her uncle, who had asked her few times in last few months if she would consider a good proposal.. She had shrugged it off.. Now she felt like a mouse caught in a Trap...

N : how long you both have been... Seeing each other..

He took a pause before saying the last phrase.. He was yet to accept it.

T : not that long...

K : 6 mo..

They both answered simultaneously and then stared at each other...

N : you both are serious about this or... Mmm... This is just some casual..??

Naveen squirmed while he tried to express the "fling or time pass". No matter how much advanced the new generations become, somethings just didn't fit well with a parent..

The idea that this guy might be just casually having fun with his niece made him feel agitated but he suppressed it remembering that the guy in question also was a close family friend..

K : we're very much serious..

He answered on behalf of both of them..

N : are you guys going to ask me to keep this a secret??

K : no..

T : ... yes..

This time also they both stared at each other... Unable to understand each other..

She looked back to her uncle and answered..

T : I mean.. I don't know how everyone will react.. So..

She was nervous... Never she had seen him this serious.. Whenever she had met her uncle always he had adored her like a kid.. Everytime they both had teamed up to tease her chachi.. Or she had dragged him for carrom or chess on holidays..

Today he sat there, asking her questions.. If this was his reaction she can only imagine how others would react..

N : for you I would try to leave it as it's , but I won't promise.. Hm??

She nodded relaxing a bit.. For a while naveen spent asking Karan questions that seemed valid.. Before leaving he got up and hugged her, which she knew she needed..

While coming out she was ahead when her uncle held him back..

N : you know you've to be responsible.. Right??

K : yes. I'm aware of it..

He patted his back in a affirmative nod..this wasn't an ideal situation but who was he to interfere in between two young people.. As long as things work out it would be all good..

-------

Once they were settled in their seats tegy had the time to contemplate the situation..

T : coincidences are... Really something..

She told with a faraway look..

K : there's no point of keeping it a secret.. We would have to let them know at some point..

T : we could've delayed a bit..

K : how much is that bit??

He asked up suggestively...

T : another 2 years...

K  : fair enough...

T : what if... By tomorrow... You know.. Everyone knows.. And..

He moved his hand on hers..

K : what are you fearing about..

T : if they oppose..