Cookies With Day Dream..

Satpal Kundrra puffed smoke and exhaled it.. Yesterday night his daughter had stopped by... To drop the bomb.. It was understandable she had decided to do it in person..

His wife was cheerful about it.. But he couldn't bring himself to it.. Perhaps he would've shared the emotion if... Only if he was also peacefully unaware of the incident...

He was in awe of the nature's turn of events.. Once upon a time his friend had seen his son as a threat to his own daughter.. He was ashamed but more than that he was hurt.. He knew his son by nature.. A giving person.. He hated that situation had come to this turn..
He hated the fate which forced him to stand helplessly in front of his own kid and dear friend...

But now.. What if things blow up. It will crush all of them..

"you're still worried?" his wife's words got him out of the thoughts.. He threw the cigar on the bin and concentratef back at her..

Satpal : hm.. No..

He didn't want suneeta to know the underlying tension..

Suneeta : I spoke with neeta.. You're worried unnecessarily.. All of them are just busy teasing her up..

She said trying to make him understand no one's objecting...

Satpal : this must have come unexpected..

Suneeta : Haa but.. At the end this is what they both are choosing..

Satpal : there's a long way before they would actually finalise..

He sighed knowing how fragile today's generation was in a relationship...

Suneeta : but they've decided to involve us.. Which means they know what they're doing...

Satpal : let's hope for the same..

He really wished... Things would be smooth... But there was slim chance after the involvement..

-------------

He reached Friday night or Saturday 3 in morning.. He could see his mom's expectant eyes but he was too tired to address.. He didn't know what to make out of her dad's reaction.. Simply it couldn't be that plain.. He was aware there was more to it.. He slept over for the next 7 hours...

Satpal sat in front of Prakash as they both waited for breakfast in the window side table..

Satpal : life has a circle in itself..

He had the chance to settle it off like a friend.. But he understood the gravity of the situation..

Prakash : who would know better than us..?? Ain't it..

His friend had a smile on his face..

Satpal : I... Don't know... How to interpret this..

Prakash : what do you mean by you don't know?? They're our kids.. Who are now grown ups..

Satpal looked with a troubled expression..

Satpal : so you're completely fine..

P : you've to make sure of it..

Satpal : don't play riddles.. I don't know about the kids but the whole situation looks messy....

Satpal expressed his irritation..

P : why??

Satpal : you know this.. It's not like they're setting with each other for once and all..

P : I wish they would...

Satpal : you're not going to...

He paused halfway with incomplete words..