Being Practical

Prakash wayngankar felt like he was walking on eggshells the next two days.. His wife, his brother, his sis in law, his own sisters, nephews all were just too curious about his daughter's mood..
His wife had been blabbering non stop unable to understand his daughter.. Now he was tired of telling her to just give it a rest..

She had been.... Silent.. she had   gotten up the next morning, had taken her breakfast, cracked a smile here and there on jokes but never mind noone has bought that she's fine..

Her mother had tried everything in her pursuit.. Initially she had tried to scold her.. Then pacify her... Then pamper her.. At the end she had hugged her dearly telling her "whatever it may be it's okay... If she doesn't want thus relationship to continue then also to take her time.. whatever it may be it's okay..."

Mothers were weird, they would nag you for all small things but would declare their undying support all of sudden...

She had teared up at that.. She had not taken a call from him neither had replied.. Neither had she acknowledged her father.. Not once she had met his eye..

Two days later prakash had seek out to her in the second floor balcony while she was on her tab.. She feigned ignorance..  Now that she had grasped the whole matter she was left with a bitterness..

P : have you both spoken it out??

He tried to keep his tone intact..

T : no..

If he waited for anything else then he realised that's all he was getting..

P : you should discuss it up..

T : what should I say.. Is he still interested in me despite hating my father for years..

It sounded like a accusation..

P : he says none of it matters..

Prakash didn't know what else to say.. Or whom to blame.. Or even who is wrong.. Her question was valid and even he had no idea what pushed the guy..

T : you can't be serious dad

P : this was a revelation for you.. He was aware of everything..

T : nothing changes for me.. Cause i feel like...

She couldn't complete..

P :  It doesn't matter to him...I don't know how but that's what he says..

He insisted more knowing well that a part of her was broken..

T : you could've told me..  I could've stayed away.

In that way only one would have suffered.. Atleast she would've been at peace knowing that nothing would be there in between them.. That as 100 times better than feeling as if he was just trying to prove a point.. May be he wasn't but subconsciously that's what might have driven him to her...

Her voice choked.. It made her feel terrible that he had to bear the burnt of something that hadn't even happened.. That too when he was at his lowest..

She looked upto her father teary eyed .. Prakash winced at that..

P : someday... May be someday when you would see your child.. You would realise..

He had repeated it few times in a different way.. Twice  to Satpal.. Once to Karan himself.. But only his friend felt those words while other two most probably didn't...

T : I would never be able to predict that far..

She spoke in a small voice.. Not being mean but the underlying message was clear..