Chapter 41

AS ESCHEWAL DRIVES ALONG the high street, he passes scrolls of people walking and enjoying the summer evening.

He looks into his rearview mirror and the eyes of the girl. He catches a glimpse of her lustful, fiery sexual passion. He knew from this that Deuce had spoken the truth, and she would be up for a threesome.

Like bats out of hell, butterflies shoot into Eschewal's stomach as the imagery of The Dog arises within him, ready to pounce.

He thinks, 'Shit, how the hell am I gonna control The Dog in me after going without sex for one year?' He smiles as he thinks he will let The Dog take over. 'At least, this way, my heart will not have a chance, and I will have to end my search when I do the threesome.'

He pulls the car into a sharp right and shakes his head again as he reminisces on a sentence from the black book: One needs the discipline to think. Then comes control. He mumbles, "Yeah."

Deuce looks over at him. "Did you just say something, bruv?"

"Nah, nah," replies Eschewal as he flicks his nose.

Deuce spins around to face the girl and says loud enough so Eschewal can hear, "Oh, I thought you asked if this girl was adventurous." Deuce waits for Eschewal's reply hoping that he will follow his lead.

With a deep breath, Eschewal says, "Nah... why, is she?"

Deuce grins. "Of course she is, ain't you, babes?"

The girl licks her lips. "Well, that's for me to know and for you lot to find out, innit."

Deuce loves when girls use that phrase; it always gets him aroused. "That's what I keep telling them, ter, she's cold," He punches Eschewal's knee, then says, "Can we link you later on and find out, then?"

"I don't know, um," begins the girl as she thinks about what time her so-called boyfriend (whom she hasn't seen for a month) promised he would come around. He told her nine o'clock, so she decides to give him an extra hour, and if he does not show up, she would go off with Deuce and Eschewal. She answers Deuce, "Yeah, maybe. Take my number and give me a call about ten o'clock."

Deuce nods with a perverted grin. "Yeah, go on. What's the number?"

She taps Eschewal's shoulder. "Yeah, babes, stop here." He stops the car outside a tall grey housing block.

She finishes giving Deuce her number. As she gets out of the car, Deuce leans over and slips his hand between her butt cheeks.

"Naughty," says the girl.

Deuce replies, "Listen, I'm gonna be even more naughty when I come for you."

She sticks out her tongue and swishes her head forward as Deuce says, "Oi, what's your name again?"

"Salacious," says the girl without turning back, leaving Deuce to watch her big bottom moving up and down as she walks to her housing block.