Chapter 59

Three Days Later

NIGHT HAS FALLEN. SALACIOUS has company inside her low-ceilinged, wide-windowed flat. She walks from the kitchen back into the living room with drinks.

"Are you gonna tell me the secret you've been hiding for the past two months, or what?"

"Hold your horses. I'm about to tell you now, innit. Eya," Salacious hands a drink over to her guest. She sits down, crosses her legs, and begins, "Well, you remember when we talked about our fantasy?"

"Yeah," replies her guest with excitement in her voice.

"Well..." Salacious bites her lip, "I did it..."

"Did what?" asks her guest because she remembers talking about three different fantasies.

"You know..." Salacious sticks two fingers in the air. "Two guys."

The guest screams, "You little tart," she covers her mouth and then says, "Oh my God, tell me everything. How was it?"

"I don't remember much of it, but you remember how I'm always complaining that I've never been satisfied? Well, that all changed." She giggles; you cannot tell whether it is from nerves or embarrassment.

The guest puts her hand over her mouth again. "I can't believe you did it. How do you feel now?"

Salacious shrugs. "I dunno, the same, but you know I don't feel dirty or anything cause at the end of the day, they didn't fuck me. They fucked the condom."

She takes a sip of her drink and is about to continue. The guest butts in with, "So, who are these guys?"

Salacious shakes her head. "I don't know. I'm really bad." She laughs and continues, "The one who spoke to me first is called Ricky. He offered me a lift home, and I said yes, and then gave him my number. He called me later on that night, then I met him with his friend and went back to his friend's flat." She takes two sips of her drink and then continues, "I wasn't even going to go, but that bastard began messing around again, so I just said what the hell and went."

The guest laughs. "You're terrible." With a hint of sadness, she puts down her drink and adds, "I told Peen yesterday we can never get back together."

Salacious stays quiet. She loves her friend to the extent that they tell everyone they are cousins, and for ages, she has heard her friend say, "That's it, me and Peen are over." Only to discover that a few days later, they are back together and going through the same drama: him beating on her because she found out (again) that he had been cheating on her.

The guest picks up her drink. She knows what Salacious is thinking. "Nah, listen," the guest takes a sip, "I'm serious this time. I even took this guy's number at that rave I went to at the weekend, and I'm gonna call him now."

Salacious smiles. "Yeah, who is he? Where's he from?"

"I don't know, he gave me one cheesy line, but he was so sweet," replies the guest, taking out her phone and dialing the number.