2. Xavier Thorpe | Prettiest Dream

Tumblr : iam-mentally-unstable

Xavier Thorpe x Reader

Summary: You and Xavier share a special moment by the fireplace of your living room.

***

It was nearly magical, the way the soft flames of the fireplace illuminated the cozy living room; along with the Christmas tree blinking its lights right beside it, the atmosphere could easily be picked out of the sweetest dream.

At first, Xavier had been apprehensive about spending Christmas with your parents, however now, after a joyful first meeting and delicious dinner with your family, he figured it wasn't that bad at all.

He had just come back from finishing drying the dishes, and was greeted with the sight of your sitting on your father's big armchair; hot chocolate mug in one hand and a book in the other, with the fire highlighting your profile in a golden glow. Xavier engraved the image in his mind to put it on paper once he had his sketchbook in hand — because he could swear that he's never been more in love than he is now.

You were so purely you, that sometimes he wondered why you still settled for someone like him. In his eyes, you were deserving of the world, and hopefully, he'd be able to give it to you one day.

There was a low, soft violin tune playing from your mother's old radio, it brought a small smile to Xavier's lips as he watched you — talk about a perfect setting.

"I can feel your thinking from here."

It was only once you spoke, that Xavier realized you had placed your mug and book down, and had your gaze fixed on him.

He chuckled, glancing down and feeling warmth coming to his cheeks from being caught staring. Taking careful steps toward you, he mindlessly outstretched a hand; "would you dance with me?"

Your cheeks framed your smirk adorably as you shook your head slightly. Planting your socked feet on the chilly wooden floor, you took his hand in yours and allowed him to pull you up. "And yet you don't believe me when I tell you that you came right out of a rom-com."

Intertwining your fingers, Xavier pulled your body to him, knocking your chests together softly as his free hand came to rest on your lower back.

"I try."

"Lucky me," you whispered, winding your arm around his neck and playing with his long hair.

You two weren't very much in synchrony with the notes coming from the radio, but it didn't matter; the low cracks of the fire could be heard beside you, the snow had started falling heavily outside as a few flakes clung to the window behind you, and Xavier could see the warm reflection of the Christmas lights on your irises. Everything was perfect in this little bubble.

"No, I'm the lucky one," Xavier mumbled back, bringing you closer still so he could rest his cheek on your temple as he swayed you side to side, "you make me the happiest I've ever been."

The words went beyond this one night and you knew that, it only made your heart beat louder for the sweet boy in your arms.

You kiss his neck, feeling the shape of his goosebumps on your lips; then you kiss his collarbone as your fingers disappear on his hair.

Xavier knows what you're saying, you know it by the way he nuzzles further into you. But you go a step further, because he holds your heart in his hands just as you do his.

You pull away just enough to plant a kiss on the corner of his lips, and you don't need to open your eyes to know he's smiling. "There's nowhere else I'd rather be. You know that yeah? As long as I'm with you I'm already at my happiest."

The words roll out of your mouth with such delicacy, such ease. Xavier feels the movement of your lips as they graze the corner of his mouth, and he swears that if he wasn't holding onto you right now, he'd be on his knees.

Maybe, just maybe, all it'd take for you to have the world, would be to have him. And you did, since the first ever hello.

Xavier's hair tickled your cheek when he brought his forehead to rest against yours, he bumped your nose with his, knowing it would get you grinning.

"I love you so damn much," he said, just before crashing your lips together to repeat the same words over and over with each kiss.