183. Xavier Thorpe | Make You Mine I

Tumblr : valeskafics

Summary: Your new stepbrother, Xavier, is much more protective than you would've anticipated.

TW: profanity, innuendo, slight yandere Xavier, dark Xavier, stepbrother/stepsister

Word Count: 1,285 words

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Wednesday characters nor do I claim to own them. I do not own any of the images used nor do I claim to own them.

When your mom married Xavier's dad, you were so excited at the prospect of having a stepbrother. A best friend. Trying to pass yourselves off as normies all this time has been tough on you and your mom. But now? You're surrounded by other psychics with similar abilities.

Including your stepbrother.

Xavier was not happy when his dad told him he was remarrying. He embodied the stereotype of pissy teenage boy, slamming doors and snapping at everyone. And then he saw you.

And you were so genuinely happy to meet him, bounding over to him and pulling him into a tight hug, asking him about his abilities, about Nevermore, his interests, in a way no one else has ever shown interest. By the time you and your mom leave, he's completely on board with the idea of his dad remarrying.

Solely because of you.

The wedding comes and goes without anything major happening. Except Xavier is completely obsessed with the way you look in your Maid of Honor dress. It's baby pink and off the shoulders and all he wants to do is drag you into the bathroom in the banquet hall and rip it off of you.

When you dance with Ajax, who came as one of the few people he was allowed to invite, he thinks he might just beat the shit out of his friend. It's funny, because the two of you are literally just discussing what the best edible brands are. There's no sexual tension, he only asked if you wanted to dance since you looked bored out of your mind.

Xavier cuts in the minute the song ends, pulling you into his arms for the next one. You smile up at your stepbrother.

"Hiya, Xavi!"

He fucking melts. Giving him a nickname like that has to mean something, right? And the way you're looking at him with those pretty eyes. With that smile.

Xavier spends the rest of summer vacation bonding with you. Going to the beach, the local amusement park, anywhere and everywhere. It's just the two of you and that's how he likes it.

Then you come with him to Nevermore. And if he was jealous when you danced with Ajax? It's nothing compared to what he feels when Tyler fucking Galpin fawns over you and takes your coffee order.

And the worst part is when you come walking back over, smiling like you just hit the lottery, "Tyler asked if I want to go on a date with him!"

Xavier frowns, "You can't do that. He's not a good guy, Y/N."

"But-"

"You love me, right?" Xavier asks, cupping your face in his hands, "You trust me?"

You nod, "Yeah! You're not just my stepbrother, you're practically my best friend."

He smiles, kissing you on the forehead, "Then trust me. He's not good for you."

"Okay, Xavi."

When Rowan, Xavier's roommate, comes up to you, shy and stuttering and asks you out, Xavier tells you he's crazy. That you can't go out with him under any circumstances.

"Trust me. He's not good for you."

When Rowan tries to kill Wednesday, you look at him, shocked, "I guess you were right."