168. Wednesday Addams | They Didn't Know

Tumblr : toournextadventure

Summary: (An "everyone but her" oneshot from ) Someone from your past comes by Nevermore for an unexpected visit. When Enid can't calm you down, it's up to Wednesday. And Wednesday is furious.

Word Count: 2.4k
Warnings: swearing, graphic blood mention, graphic injuries, mentions of past abuse
Pairing: Wednesday Addams x Reader

***

Larissa didn't know. She couldn't have known and that was what was killing her.

All she had wanted to do was talk with you in her office. You weren't in trouble, you had been doing well in classes, she just wanted to talk. It had been a few weeks after your date with Miss Addams and she wanted to know how it had gone. While she assumed it had gone well based on how much happier you seemed, she wanted to hear it from you. She wanted to experience for herself how you were finally healing and living a normal life.

If she had known, she wouldn't have pulled you into her office. She wouldn't have unintentionally trapped you as Kristi had walked into the office as if she owned the place. There would have been no chance that she would have frozen for just a fraction too long, giving Kristi the opportunity to speak to you and instill that same fear and anger she so enjoyed striking within you.

"You look rather normal today," Kristi told you in that posh accent that haunted you so. The moment she opened her mouth, your entire body went rigid and you stopped breathing. "Unlike Nicholas, I'm afraid."

"Y/N, darling," Larissa said as she stood tall directly in between you and Kristi, "why don't you go find Miss Sinclair?" She turned her head just enough to give you a smile that she hoped would calm you for the moment; it didn't work. "We will catch up another day."

Not once did you meet her eye, still keeping your eyes glued to Kristi; in fear, in anger, Larissa couldn't tell. She gave you a quiet "go on" that finally drew you out of your thoughts. You locked eyes with her for only a moment and she could see the glassiness before you dragged yourself out of the office.

You gave Kristi a wide berth when you passed her, flinching and stumbling over your feet when she stared you down as you left. The fake smile fell from Kristi's face once you were gone and she turned to look at Larissa.

She needed to watch herself before Larissa followed in Morticia's footsteps.

——

There was something so nice and carefree about being in the gym with the rest of the furs. No, Enid refused to get in there with them because it was dirty and they were far too rowdy, but it was nice. It reminded her of the good parts of home, however rare those were. Just watching in mild annoyance and utter devotion as the boys rolled around on the wrestling mats without a care in the world.

She was sitting on the side of the gym with a few furs when you walked in. You frequented the gym as well, usually joining in if the furs were going, so your presence was almost expected. But when Enid raised her hand in greeting and smiled at you, you didn't even bother looking up. With fists clenched at your sides, you practically stalked over to the speed bag and got to work.

Enid knew something was wrong the moment you groaned in frustration and started rewrapping your hands for the third time; it only took you a minute at most. Your stance was sloppy and your movements were rigid, and she knew. She could see in the way you couldn't catch the rhythm and would have to restart time and time again. With another frustrated noise, you hit the speed bag as hard as possible before walking over to the thai bags.

She flinched when you landed that first punch. In horror, she watches as you go on a rampage, throwing punch after punch with as much power as you could physically muster. The muscles in your arms strained and your wings begged to be let out as you continued. But when Enid noticed the dark spot growing on your wraps, she knew this wasn't your usual training session.