67. Enid Sinclair | Protect You

Tumblr : specialagentlokitty

You know how you did one where the reader can change into a cat? Can you do one where the reader can shapeshift into a bear?

***

Enid had always been curious about what you were, about what you could do.

She knew you were a shapeshifter, that's as much as anyone knew about you, and much like the werewolves who ran to the forest every full moon, you left not long after them.

But you weren't a werewolf, that much she knew, you didn't have the same scent as the others.

So, on this full moon, she decided to follow you into the snowy woods, making sure to keep her distance, but she lost sight of you after the first hour.

"Guess I'll head back then..." she mumbled.

Stuffed her hands into her pockets and burying her nose into her scarf, she started to wade her way through the snow back to the school before she got caught.

She was disappointed she couldn't follow you, that she couldn't find out what you were, but she was kind of glad at the same time.

She felt bad for trying to find out your secret, if you wanted people to know you would tell them right?

While Enid was debating this over in her head, she didn't hear the sound of something sneaking up on her until a large growl cut through her thoughts.

Frozen in place, Enid stared at the monster in front of her.

The Hyde.

She wanted to run, to hide, but her legs were frozen in place, and the hide took this as it's chance.

It charged towards her, but it didn't make it, it was thrown back, blood dripping into the pure white snow.

Standing in front of her was something she never thought she'd see at this time of year.

A brown bear, at least four feet in height, protectively blocking her from the hide as it let out a large growl, pawing it's feet into the snow.

The Hyde lunged again, getting a good strike on the bears face.

It reared up, standing on its hind legs as it took another swipe for the monster that hurt it, and Enid slowly backed away.

She wasted no time in running as far as her shaky legs could take her before she collapsed underneath a tree.

In the distance she could hear the wolves howling, the Hyde and the bear screaming at one another and fighting.

Curling up on herself, Enid felt tears streaming down her cheeks, begging someone to come out and find her, to bring her back to the school.

She should never have come out here.

After what felt like hours everything went eerily silent, aside from her quiet sobbing.

She froze when she heard the crunching of snow and she shot her head up, coming face to face with the same bear that saved her.

It's fury was covered in snow, and seemed unusually wet in places, and as she looked down, she saw the blood dripping into the snow, staining it red.

"Oh I'm sorry..."

She brought her hands up to her mouth as she looked at the animal, regret filling her.

It didn't seemed phased, it simply walked closer and laid down in front of her, looking between her and it's back.

It took Enid a moment to figure this out.

"Oh...?"

She slowly got up and walked closer, fingers gripping into the bears fur as she climbed on, and once she was sat down, it stood once more.

It began to slowly walk, while Enid gently ran her fingers through the soft brown fur, occasionally looking around the forest to make sure they were safe.

Dawn was near, and the werewolves ran past, looking at the pair of them before they raced back to school while the bear took a soft stroll over to the gates.

The bear stopped in front of them, lowering itself down to let her climb off.

Then she noticed they weren't alone.

Wednesday and Miss Weems both stood there with the arms crossed.

"What were you thinking?" Weems hissed.

"I.. I'm sorry miss! I just.. I was coming back when the Hyde came..."

Weems whispered something to Wednesday and the goth rushed away while Weems turned back to Enid.

"Are you hurt?" She asked.

"N..no..."

The Weems looked past her.

"Are you?"

"Just a few scratches..."

Enid whipped around, coming face to face with you, and tears stared to fill her eyes again.

You stood there, three large gashes along your side, blood leaking through your fingers, and smaller cuts along your face.

"(Y/N)..."

Enid fell to her knees.

It was you.

You saved her.

You nearly died protecting her.

Giving her a smiled you walked over and dropped yourself to your knees with a small grunt of pain at your rested your forehead against hers.

"You're hurt because of me..."

"And I'd do it all again, I'm glad you're okay." You smiled.

Enid didn't care about the blood, she pulled you in for a hug cried into your shoulder.

You knew she was out there, it's why you came rushing to her side.

You fought the Hyde and hurt yourself to protect her because she was foolish enough to leave the school grounds at night.

You simply laughed and rested your chin on her shoulder, closing your eyes.

"Next time, how about we just go for a walk without the fighting?" You laughed weakly.

Enid laughed softly, sniffling a little bit as she pulled away, wiping her tears with the backs of her hands.

"Okay."

You beamed, and with the help of Weems you stood up and you were escorted away to the medical office to get patched up while Enid was given a detention and sent back to her dorm.

She was still crying, but she also had so many questions she was going to ask you when you were allowed out of the office