18. Tyler Galpin | Friends to Lovers

Tumblr : lavenderacademia

CHARACTER: TYLER GALPIN — WEDNESDAY (2022) 

PROMPT #7: "Who did this to you?" 

PROMPT #22: FRIENDS TO LOVERS

*

PROMPTS 7 & 22 FIC WARNINGS NONE

Y/n Addams had always felt somewhat outshined by her sister. Not that Wednesday shined, of course not she preferred to be sharpened and venomous. Y/n, on the other hand, was slightly more...romantic. While she enjoyed the doom and gloom that Wednesday surrounded herself with, she needed a break every once in a while. At times like that, she'd go outside and into the forest behind their house. Sure, it was haunted with several spirits and crawling with any number of carnivorous plants and venomous insects, but she liked the way the sun shone through the dead trees in the morning. That was the kind of stuff Wednesday could never enjoy. Wednesday was a novelist strict, stiff, and to the point. Y/n was a poet flowery, romantic, with a tendency towards the dramatics.

The two had been paired as roommates together at Nevermore, seeing as Y/n was the only one Wednesday could stand for long periods of time. And it was great, of course, but Y/n could feel herself going a little insane and not in a fun way. Wednesday's side of the room was bedecked in all things dark and macabre. Y/n had gone the more sensible route, with muted jewel tones, but that didn't change the fact that whenever she turned her head slightly to the left, all of Wednesday's evil vibes would be there.

Wednesday was in the middle of working on her novel, the typewriter keys clicking away, when Y/n decided she couldn't take it. She stood up suddenly. "I'm going down to Jericho." she said, grabbing her blazer and shoes.

Wednesday didn't respond, but Y/n saw the slightest nod of her head in between typing, so she took that as a confirmation. Without another word, Y/n left the dorm, closing the door swiftly behind her.

The trek into Jericho was much needed. As Y/n headed further and further away from Nevermore, the clouds began to clear, the sun began to shine, and for a moment she got a glimpse into what it looked like to live somewhere normal.

Jericho was a quaint little town with little shops here and there. Y/n perused them (glaring at her therapist's office) before she came to a stop at a coffee place called the Weathervane.

Y/n blinked up at the coffee menu, a large sign littered with things like Iced white mocha and Caramel macchiato, and she frowned. Back at home, there was only one thing on the coffee menu: coffee. It all looked like gibberish as she scanned the menu, just trying to decode all the fancy-worded beverages up there.

"You still looking, or can I take your order?"

Y/n looked away from the menu to see a barista around her age, maybe older, with sandy blonde curly hair and blue eyes. He looked at her sort of wearily, and Y/n had a feeling that it had to do with the Nevermore blazer she was currently wearing. "Do you have...coffee?" she asked.

He looked around them. "Uh, yes. Plenty of it." he said with a laugh. "Do you want a latte or something?"

"Does that have coffee in it?"

He laughed again, becoming even more confused by her. "Yes."

"Perfect. I'll take one."

"Hot or iced?"