85. Enid Sinclair | You Pass Out

Tumblr : tulipsbymybed

Can you do where reader forgets to eat and hardly gets any sleep and passes out and Enid freaks tf out??

Pairing; Enid Sinclair x Fem Reader

Warnings; reader passes out from lack of sleep and hunger, swearing, minor blood

*

"WHAT THE FUCK?!?"

"Okay well, look-"

"NO. WHAT THE FUCK."

"Cmon you never swear-let's not start now-"

"IF THERE WAS EVER A TIME TO START FLIPPING SWEARING, IT WOULD BE WHEN MY GODDAMN GIRLFRIEND PASSES THE HECK OUT IN FRONT OF ME AND WON'T WAKE UP SO I HAVE TO TAKE HER TO THE FLIPPING INFIRMARY!"

"I will admit, it wasn't ideal. I think we would all rather I hadn't passed out."

"You are damn right-"

"BUT it happened and it's not like there's much I can do about it now, my love."

"Calling me that is a low blow you know I love it. Also you're wrong. You're going to tell me why it happened, why you didn't tell me what was going on and how I can help you, okay? Okay."

---

Obviously it wasn't like you'd wanted to pass out or make yourself ill, there was just so much going on. You had exams in three classes to prepare for, two 1,000 word essays, fencing lessons, study sessions, dates with your girlfriend, therapy sessions, work shifts and check in with your tutor all the time. It just didn't stop.

You'd been trying to grab breakfast on your way to study before lessons for a little bit, but then sometimes you ran late and didn't have time. Then you figured you might as well just stay studying through lunchtime when it rolled around. And after that you finished your lessons, immediately heading back to the library to get ahead on a homework assignment; you pretty much missed all of dinner but managed to snag a couple of bits of food so you should have been fineeee.

You weren't fine.

Going on the third day of this routine, with five hours of sleep at the most each night, you'd started to sway on your feet a bit. Enid had come to your room to keep you company while you studied, and had gotten more than she bargained for when you stood up from your chair to pick up a textbook-and promptly passed out on the floor. The sound of your head hitting the floor is something she wouldn't forget for a long time yet. She'd screamed your name, making everyone in your dorm come running to see her cradling your bleeding head and tears cascading down her cheeks-with the nature of outcasts and risks at your school you could never be too sure of the danger. Enid had picked you up and singlehandedly taken you down to the infirmary, with Xavier, Wednesday and Ajax trailing along behind her after witnessing the commotion.

Two days later, you were awake and disturbing the other patients with your argument.

---

"I'm not going to call you stupid, baby, cause you've just been through a lot so I'm just glad you're okay. But that was kinda stupid of you."

"Thanks, Enid."

"I just mean that you cannot expect to push yourself to the limit all of the time and it never take a toll on you okay? You know that doing your best doesn't mean doing the most you possibly can right? And from now on, if I think you're headed down this road again I will knock some sense into you so that this never happens again. Now, I love you but you're going to sleep again, then wake up and eat all the food I put in front of you-no arguments!"

For a couple of weeks after The Incident, you noticed (but decided not to comment on for the sake of your girlfriend) that at meal times, you'd be tapped on the shoulder and find Xavier holding out a sandwich because he "ate already before [he] got there" so why don't you just eat it? Or it was Wednesday holding an apple in front of you silently until you ate it. Then you'd walk back to your room to find that Ajax just happened to be walking past with your favourite food, and since he wasn't a huge fan why didn't you just finish it?