130. Wednesday Addams | Earthbound

Tumblr : danzaloreley

Pairing: Wednesday Addams x harpy!Reader

Summary: Parents' Weekend brings up painful memories and guilt.

Warning: angst, violence, swearing

*

The arrival of Parents' Weekend was a bittersweet sensation. You would be able to meet the infamous Addams family and you would see your mother, whom Wednesday would probably meet as well. Both of you stood in the quad watching as everyone went to greet their parents. You watched as a party of three all dressed in black and white strutted in. "Darling, it's so wonderful to see you again." a tall beautiful woman said with joy. "Look at you, my little storm cloud. What awful delights have graced Nevermore?" you assumed Wednesday's father asked while holding onto her shoulders. "Nevermore still remains a mind numbing penitentiary as any other school. The only true news of note would be Y/N becoming the owner of my dead heart." she deadpanned while stepping aside to let you present yourself.

They looked taken aback as you stepped forward. "My name is Y/N L/N. It's a pleasure to meet all of you." there was a calmness and amusement in your voice as you scanned over them and waved at the young boy. "Morticia, Gomez and Pugsley if I recall correctly?"

To say that you were swamped with questions is an understatement at least they entertained you.

Thirty minutes in and you saw a female figure stand at the entrance. Tall with long wavy hair, scar on the left side of her visage with a milky eye. A single dark slate grey wing with black tips. Clad in a deep emerald suit and matching heels.

The moment you spotted her a wave of happiness and sorrow filled your chest. Standing quickly you head towards her, but not before placing a kiss on your girlfriend's lips. "Be right back, mi vida."

Wednesday could feel there was a certain tension coming off of you. There was a melancholy that stood over you since the morning. She wondered if your mother had anything to do with it. You looked happy to see her, you smiled and spoke to her with ease. But there was hint of sadness in your eyes. Watching as you both started making your way back she sat a little straighter.

Lunch had been nothing but smooth sailing. Thankfully everyone seemed to get along wonderfully which it's all you could've hoped for. You snuck away to take some time to yourself sitting on the edge of your bed.

"You're missing my parents incessant joy on our relationship. Can't blame you, the last thing I want is for them to remind me they were right." the dark haired girl stood right infront of you and placed a finger under your chin to make you face her. "What's wrong, cara mia?" tears started to gather in your eyes. "Being near my mother for too long is excruciating." She wanted to press further but decided against it. Instead she took a place right next to the harpy, holding her hand to stop her from picking at the hamster skull in her hands. " Its my fault."

"Y/N, let's go! We're taking our little trip today." the woman laughed as she ran behing the small black puff of feathers. Catching her she hugged her while the girl giggled. "We're gonna go see snow! You've been so excited to see it haven't you, anahera?"The trip was long. Taking a flight and then the journey to the ski resort, but all throughout it was smiles and squeals from both of them. The moment they arrived the girl flopped face first into the snow. "That was quick." the woman picked up the girl seeing she had a mouthful.They're days were being spent doing everything from building snowmen to snowball fights and snow angels. Every night they had hot cocoa and sat by the fire while the girl listened to the scary stories her mother had heard or came up with herself.On the fourth day they had taken to the slopes. They had been practicing the days prior, just precaution to not end up hurt on the big ones. Y/N took a plunge and midway through took a dive on the snow. She laughed while being pulled out where she was buried by a group of guys. They set her down and looked her over. "Are those real?" one of the pulled forcefully on the small wing causing the girl to yelp. "Get your hands off." the girl's mother stomped over with fury. She grabbed her small hand to walk away and picked up the board before starting to head down."You freaks aren't meant to be in our world. All you are is a bunch of monsters running around like you're actual people." the man yelled picking up snow, balling it up and throwing it at the woman's head while the others laughed. She continued her trekk down while being pelted. The man followed irritated as he was being ignored and had a bright idea. He quickly reached and plucked a feather from the little girl.The swing of the board to the man's face cracked loudly, nose busted. "YOU DUMB FUCKING CUNT." the next thing the girl saw was a ski pole tearing through her mother's face and imbedding in her socket. The woman was swarmed by the three of them, knocked down to the ground and beaten with blows from snowboards, kicks and punches. The small girl cried and jumped on top of her to try and make them stop. Before she could be struck her mother put the child under her. Shock of pure pain shooting through all her nerves as the snowboard shattered the base of her wing. Scared of her little girls safety she transformed with a harsh beat of her wings knocking them away.As they started getting up again and seeing a monstrous form in feathers towering over, they ran. Cowards. Taking in her mother's form she saw how her eye was damaged and the left wing barely was holding on. Bones jutting out sharply, the only connection a string of muscles. She was bleeding profusely, yet still cradled the girl close whispering sweet nothings. The girl couldn't feel or hear her own blood curdling screams and only held on to the feathers on her mother.

"A family heard my screaming and ran to us. There was no way to salvage the damage done." your voice was raw from the crying. Wednesday held you, she was filled with anger. She would murder anyone for the hurt you felt. "Not a single thing that happened was your fault. Do not blame yourself for the actions of someone else." her thumb cleaned away the tears that fell.

"We never should've gone. I kept asking to see snow. She's in pain every second of every day because of me." before Wednesday could refute your words there was a knock on the door. It was open with your mother standing there tears flowing slowly. "May I?" The girls stood swiftly, Y/N cleaning her face and sniffling.

"I'll be back later, mi amor." Wednesday placed a hand on your chest soothingly. You're body relaxed at her touch and assured her with a nod that it was okay. Your mother entered and watched as the dark girl left closing the door behind her. "She's right. None of it is your fault, manu iti."

They spent quite a bit talking about what happened. There was no way she ever need to feel how she felt and her mother knew this. She would spend every second remind her.

There was not an ounce of blame placed on her.